1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn Notice Fall 2-hour premier SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by tiassa, Nov 12, 2012.

1. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    Looks like a "semi-reboot" -- they torched the loft, Madeline is moving out, and they killed Card (who I thought was going to be the "Big Baddie" for this season). It'll be interesting if they go in a different direction or if they just line everything up within the new reality.

2. Cainebj

Cainebj Active Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    Burn Notice is always on a semi-reboot.

Each bad guy is simply replaced by a new bad guy.
    I still watch but the repetition is making it not must see TV.

I was sorry to see the loft go and what's that say? :)

3. secondclaw

secondclaw Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Florida
    I live in South Florida and followed filming of the show for a while. They used to shoot by Hollywood beach where I live. If I remember correctly, the studio rented out abandoned convention center property in Coral Gables, where Michaels loft was set up. A few years ago local government got greedy and decided to increase substantially rental of this property. At the time production company agreed, but I wonder if the contract is over and they decided to move out.

4. sushikitten

sushikitten 143 down, ??? to go! TCF Club

Jan 27, 2005
    DC-ish Suburbia
    No it's not as good as it used to be, but it's still a fun show.

5. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    i'm pretty sure they moved in before the explosion ;)

is michael shanks dead..id like him back as the bad guy

who is gonna rescue the gang now without mom close by? or will mike have to go up north to help her out i wonder.

finally someone actualy kills someone...was hoping he would put a bullet in his head vs actually working for him

so why did mike always sleep on the 1st floor of his place vs up in that loft?

6. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Are they leaving Miami entirely?

7. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Didja notice that Card said,
    [​IMG]
    "It was a glitch."

You gotta bet that was an inside joke / tribute. Too bad they didn't call him Bob.

Attached Files:

• bobs.jpg
      bobs.jpg
      File size:
      31.3 KB
      Views:
  8. newsposter

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    we hadnt see much of the dance club below but i hope no one was injured in the blast

so is this really filmed in miami in its entirety?

9. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    It was a fire.

Yep. It was.

It looks like Sharon is leaving for sure. Look for them to kill off Jesse to save further on payroll.

10. JMikeD

JMikeD Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I have a hazy recollection of reading something earlier this year about the property undergoing some redevelopment, so the studio lost the access to the site. I think maybe there was also something about the (influential?) neighbors getting tired of the eyesore.

Or not. :)

11. newsposter

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    i thought they put one thing on the bed and somewhere else and it did explode..maybe i'm confusing with the opening explosion of the fighter jets

12. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    They had set a few incendiary devices...and they were way too casual about getting out.

13. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    I doubt Sharon is leaving, she may have a reduced role, but my guess that is her wish not necessarily the producers. They don't need to cut payroll as IIRC this is the highest rated show on basic cable so they can get good ad rates and also it has been syndicated, I just caught a rebroadcast of the premier on one of my local channels (wherein they bleeped the word "bitchy" -- both in the intro and at the point in the episode that the intro clip was cribbed from). They are about to hit the 100 episode mark, which means that they can go into "5 nights a week" syndication.

14. secondclaw

secondclaw Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Florida
  15. newsposter

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    great now we know how the show ends lol