1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn Notice burned out...

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Craigbob, May 12, 2013.

1. Craigbob

Craigbob Active Member

Dec 1, 2006
    Land of...
    Well not unexpectedly, USA has decided that this will be the final season of Burn Notice. I'll miss it, but I have to admit it's not the draw it once was. It's gotten a bit predictable and repetitive.

Hopefully the writers will end it in a satisfactory manner.

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I wasn't planning on coming back this season, but now I guess I'll stick around and see if they do anything new with it.

It just got too repetitive and stale for me. Definitely turned into a cruise-control show.

3. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Fiona's gotten better with age. Other than that, Burn Notice stopped being anything special a couple of seasons ago. I watch it because I've always watched it. I need it to break up with me since I apparently can't break up with it.

4. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Malden, MA
    I agree that it has been repetitive, but I just can't walk away from Bruce.

I hope they go for broke this season.

5. Test

Test Active Member

Dec 8, 2004
    That's what they do when they fire you at google

[​IMG]

6. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    I always liked the music and the eye candy...

7. JMikeD

JMikeD Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I think I skipped an entire season in the last two or three years. As another poster said, it got very predictable and predictable. I got tired of the lead character. Bruce Campbell and Gabriel Anwar were still entertaining, though.

8. Craigbob

Craigbob Active Member

Dec 1, 2006
    Land of...
    LOL... Spelling corrected.

9. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    Well since they definitely know that the series if over, hopefully the writers can goo all out and redeem (or partially redeem) the last couple of seasons.

10. eddyj

eddyj Señor Member TCF Club

Jun 20, 2002
    South Florida
    I stopped watching a couple of seasons ago. Maybe I will watch again to see it end.

11. dswallow

dswallow Save the Moderatоr TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    I stopped watching a couple seasons ago, too -- probably at least a season longer than I should have. I won't bother watching this one either. But if I start to hear anything good about it again I might eventually download and watch selected episodes. If Bruce Campbell gets an on-screen meat grinder death, I might watch it live.

12. Polcamilla

Polcamilla Still up here...

Nov 7, 2001
    Let me know if Michael finally just marries Fiona and gets a nice house in the suburbs.

13. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Oh, yes. They become "illegals" living under deep cover as natives in Moscow. :D

14. megory

megory Advanced TiVoOligan

Jan 22, 2003
    BH, South...
    I deleted all the unwatched ones from the past few seasons. Sometimes I know it's over for me when the shows pile up and I resist watching them. I realize they are no longer riveting for me.

It was a terrific show for a few years, not to be missed. RIP.

15. frombhto323

frombhto323 Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Washington, DC
    They might have gone one season too long with the show, but at least they are not dragging it down to nothingness by extending it any further.