1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug report: Aspect Correction Mode switches from Panel to Full

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Tivolition, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Tivolition

Tivolition Early Adopter

Jan 11, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Since getting the Summer 2014 software update, I've noticed a bug with the aspect correction mode setting. I have it set to Panel on a 16:9 display. Overnight, the video changes to Full aspect, but still displays the setting as Panel. Every time I reset it, it switches back to Full a day later. The only way to reset it is to toggle through the aspect settings using the zoom button.

I prefer Panel when viewing old SD programs so they don't get stretched horizontally. When set to Full, they are stretched horizontally to fill the screen. Previously, this setting would stick, but now it gets reset overnight.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra Cable only

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=10176712#post10176712

Sounds like the same issue.

3. JWhites

JWhites New Member

May 14, 2013
    Since I don't really watch SD channels it's not such a problem in my opinion and I'm afraid if TiVo tries to fix it they'll break something else as per their pattern.

4. PCurry57

PCurry57 Liberal Hippie Chick

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    I called sort on this twice now. They didn't have an active issue on this. More calls on this are needed, call, call, call...

5. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    No, no, no need to call them....they DO have an active issue report on this. I have been in communication with TiVoMargret; she acknowledges the issue and says it'll be fixed in the next update. Here's her response to me verbatim -- "Sorry. We are testing a fix now. It should be included in the next update."

6. Tivolition

Tivolition Early Adopter

Jan 11, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    That's good to hear. :up:

7. Tivolition

Tivolition Early Adopter

Jan 11, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    As a work-around, people with programmable universal remotes can program a macro with 4 zoom commands that runs at start up. That will automatically reset the aspect back to whatever your current setting is.

For example, with the Logitech Harmony Touch, use 4 zoom commands in the Tivo power on sequence.

8. klambert

klambert New Member

Dec 2, 2005
    I posted this in the update thread before I found this, but in addition to this one, if I transfer a show through Tivo Desktop or Pytivo, it defaults to a zoomed version and unlike SD content recorded directly, cycling through the zoom settings doesn't fix the issue--maybe because it has figured out its widescreen or maybe something to do with the transfer itself? I'm guessing it's related. Never had a problem before this with transfers.