1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug on Roamio Plus to Premiere 4 tuner xfer

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by lessd, Sep 5, 2013.

1. lessd

lessd Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    When I tried a xfer from my Roamio plus to my Premiere 4 tuner using a MoCA network setup the speed was great at about 110Mb/sec, BUT the Premiere would not play a recorded program without jerking and no sound when the xfer was going on. When the xfer was done all worked normally, I tried this a few times and got the same results, I know that I will not be doing much xfering this way in normal use so it is not a show stopper but I would like anybody that has both types of TiVos to confirm this as a bug.

2. lessd

lessd Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    Nobody has this setup at this time ??

3. DaveDFW

DaveDFW Member

Jan 25, 2005
    Richardson, TX
    I observed somewhat the same thing, though I suspect it's really a Premiere issue.

My XL4 was so slow as to be basically unusable while it was transferring recordings from my new Plus over both boxes' builtin MoCA. The XL4 behaved better using ethernet but the MoCA transfer was faster.

4. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Just tried MRV transfer from Roamio Plus on Gb ethernet -> Elite on MoCA and didn't have problems viewing recorded shows during the transfer. When transfer completed Network Diagnostics history showed 83 Mpbs transfer rate for me.

Under normal conditions though I never use MRV anymore since MRS is a much better solution.