1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Browse & Buy Movie Tickets App Gone?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Grimm1, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Grimm1

Grimm1 New Member

Jan 9, 2000
    Stanton, CA
    Browse & Buy Movie Tickets....nice little TiVo feature that I use about once a month when I want to see what's playing at the local theaters (without having to go to a PC or use a small screen phone app).

To my surprise it's gone when I went to use it today. Did a search here and wasn't able to find any mention of it. Searched TiVo and found this...

"As of September 26, 2013, this app is no longer available on TiVo DVRs. To browse and buy movie tickets, please visit Fandango.com."

:(

To be honest I don't frequent the forums here as much as I used to...was this just something everyone saw coming...or no one cared about?

2. dkenglish7

dkenglish7 New Member

Dec 9, 2006
    Oakland CA
    I used to use it as well, but it had become buggy and unreliable quite a long time ago. Given Tivo's general lack of response to complaints and concerns about apps, it didn't seem worth mentioning.

Flixster on an Android tablet - or Moviefone when it is working - both blow away the old Tivo app.

3. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Read something recently where TiVo was planning to release a new movie app, Movie Phone I think, because of their partnership with AOL.

4. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Active Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    I don't recall ever ordering any tickets via the app, but I thought it was nice to have. I've got Flixster on my smart phone so I probably wouldn't use the Tivo app if I still had any Tivos left.

5. Grimm1

Grimm1 New Member

Jan 9, 2000
    Stanton, CA
    Interesting...was never really buggy for me. I too never used it to buy tickets...but then I never buy tickets on-line...but it was nice to be able to browse what was playing at local theaters and what he showtimes were.