1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bring The Filter Back!!!!

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by neilski, Jan 29, 2012.

1. neilski

neilski New Member

Jan 29, 2012
    All told I like the new programming guide interface that came with the service update. However to my dismay the "filter" option that we used to have with the programming guide after pressing the enter button is a serious loss in my view. It was one those cool things that made me like Tivo. With just search it's a presumption that you know pretty much what you are looking for. With the filter option I could set to movies, sports, etc and then sub-categorize to slim down the channel listing hence honing in on something.

I hate the loss of that. I think you should put it back.

2. columbus1

columbus1 New Member

Feb 4, 2012
    I really miss the filter. I often want to limit the guide to just HD channels, then frequently to just sports for me, or just movies for my wife. Anybody know if this feature will be reinstated?

3. Gregor

Gregor Active Member

Feb 18, 2002
    I miss it, too. Great way to easily surf through the HD movies currently available.

The HD browse functions are not that great.

4. EvilMidniteBombr

EvilMidniteBombr what bomz at midnite

May 25, 2006
    Parts...
    I would also like to have the filter back. I used it all the time.

5. hillyard

hillyard Member

Nov 1, 2011
    want it back also. very bad choice removing it

6. krisnfred

krisnfred New Member

Apr 5, 2006
    WV
    This was the easiest way for my daughter to find kids' shows on live TV. Please bring the filters back!

7. KelleyCook

KelleyCook New Member

Jul 10, 2002
    This is how I watched College Football on Saturdays. Guide -> Filter College Football. And happily clicked through the games.

I can't believe it is still missing from the HD menus.

8. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    It's missing from all the menus. Tivo has gutted the capability of the TiVo with this utterly bone-headed move. Prior to learning of this, I was unable to recommend purchasing a Premiere due to a number of very serious issues with the box. Now that I know it is missing, the box has lost at least another 1/3 of its capabilities, and I am forced to actively recommend against it.

Edit: Oh, you are talking about the guide filters. It's also a bad idea removing the filters there, but then using the guide at all is a pretty dumb idea. (Admittedly, for sports it is a little better than for other items, but then I never watch sports.)

9. calipete

calipete New Member

Mar 5, 2013
    I feel like an idiot for buying this unit that needs to be put into SD mode to do the one thing I use the guide for nearly every day!

PLEASE TIVO, PUT IT BACK!!! Or at least come up with a logical reason why it shouldn't be there....