1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BREAKING NEWS: TiVo Rolling Out Multiroom Upgrade to RCN in September including DTA

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by sbiller, Jul 10, 2013.

1. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28451746-TiVo-TiVo-Update-20.2.2.3-ALL-Markets?r=0.429977101597132

2. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    In the recent past, hasn't RCN received the latest updates after the retail general release?

Edit: yes I see they are still behind the retail release, so I would assume based on the pattern the Retail units should get DTA before RCN.

3. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Agreed. I would guess a late August release to retail based on this revelation from Jason.

4. Saxion

Saxion Substantive Member

Sep 17, 2006
    San Diego
    Thanks Sam for digging this up and posting it here!

5. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    No problem... Based on the lack of enthusiasm to my enthusiasm from the community I guess I should change the title of the thread... :confused:

This is good news if TiVo can really get DTA rolled out in the coming weeks.

6. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Active Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Great news.

Sam, lol, we are a fickle bunch, aren't we? DTA is already somewhat being taken for granted as "coming soon" while we're now distracted by the new shiny object called the Series 5.

I see it as great news. This fall is turning out to be pretty big... what I'd consider to be Tivo's lineup of products finally running on all cylinders for the first time in a long time. DTA, powerful DVRs, possibly integrated stream, and maybe Android Stream support. It should be pretty cool.

7. Philmatic

Philmatic Member

Sep 17, 2003
    Yep, 6-tuners and DTA with integrated stream support would be outstanding!

8. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Active Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    I keep reading DTA as digital tuning adapter so that might be why.

9. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I suppose that I interpreted the following statement, "That upgrade will have a lot of enhancements around MultiRoom and around the way a tuner is allocated for use with the Mini" to mean Dynamic Tuner Allocation... perhaps they've done something different and we won't have true DTA... who knows. Regardless, I'm pretty excited about the amount of new stuff we'll have to play with this fall.

10. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    No, you're probably right, that does sound like what they're referring to.

However, the problem is that this thread never spelled out what was being referred to by the initialism "DTA." For me, the first thing I think of when I hear DTA is Digital Transport Adapter, not Dynamic Tuner Allocation. That confusion about what DTA stands for (in this thread) could be why there isn't more interest.

11. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Active Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    LoadStar is correct. I know DTA is talking about Dynamic Tuning Allocation, but it isn't the first thing that pops in my head when I read DTA.

12. celtic pride

celtic pride Member

Nov 8, 2005
    LOL I was just about to ask what the heck is DTA? and why do you guys think we all know what it means, after all ,much as i hate to admit it some of you guys are smarter than people like me:p

13. Bigg

Bigg Active Member

Oct 30, 2003
    Hartford-...
    Just in time for the fall TV season! It will be much appreciated here, as we go from one to three TiVo Mini's, and 3 to 4 people as the fall season looms a month away!

EDIT: Capitalization

14. NotNowChief

NotNowChief Addicted to TiVo

Mar 29, 2012
    New York...
    Fingers crossed!

But still skeptical lol.......