1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breaking Bad Marathon on AMC starts Wednesday

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Marco, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Marco

Marco Loyal Little

Sep 19, 2000
    Capital of...
  2. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Outstanding...this is a series I've wanted my wife to get hooked on, and now's the chance...

3. HoosierFan

HoosierFan Board game geek

May 8, 2001
    North...
    It's a great show, but that would be tough to manage 50+ hours of watching time in a few days.

4. dwatt

dwatt Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Time to make room on the Tivo or change season pass to first run only.

5. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Nah...I'm stockpiling them to watch over the winter with the wife...

6. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
  7. janry

janry New Member

Jan 2, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Thank goodness! I started recording them to save for my personal marathon during the last televised marathon but I only started mid-way through season 3. Then I started season one on sundance but it is not HiDef here. Now I can get season 1, 2 and the first part of season 3 in HiDef and go on a binge.

8. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    Why would your SP not be First Run Only?

9. jsmeeker

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    To pickup past episode marathons/re-runs. That's how I got caught up on Breaking Bad initially. I didn't start until like season 4. I setup a season pass to pull in old episodes AMC was airing prior to the start of a new season so I could record the first three seasons, plus get season 4. Once season 4 aired. I switched.

10. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    Yeah, I get that. I do the same. But I got the impression dwatt was a regular viewer, hence my "why not FRO" question.

11. jsmeeker

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    he may not have been a regular viewer some S1E1

I wasn't.

12. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Active Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    Already have every episode on my server, but thanks for the heads up.

13. jsmeeker

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    I think I am gonna spring for the full series boxed set

Show is just too awesome.

14. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Yeah, I'll grab the BDs when they're released...or when the price comes down a bit some time after they're released ;)

15. dwatt

dwatt Member

Jan 11, 2007
    I started like jsmeeker but never made the switch after catching up. Plus it is nice to find some old episodes on the TiVo once in a while to rewatch. But 70 episodes is a bit much and will likely force the deletion of other recordings saved to watch later.

16. dwatt

dwatt Member

Jan 11, 2007
    But will they still come in a barrel case at that lower price?

17. gigaguy

gigaguy New Member

Aug 29, 2013
    newbie - how do I set it to record the marathon, starting with S01E01, in HD. I see it listed on several channels, SD and HD, and other shows before Wed.
    The marathon shows are not listed as NEW.
    also- is there a way to set a default of 'Keep Until I delete' for all recordings.
    thanks.

18. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Active Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    I stopped buying anything on disc ages ago. I've still got DVDs in shrink wrap that have been sitting on the shelf for 7 or 8 years at least. Now I just rent movies on Blu-Ray that I want to watch and record everything else or get it via torrentz. If it's something I really want to keep, I'll buy a hard copy, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. I barely have time to watch shows the first time around let along multiple viewings.

19. gigaguy

gigaguy New Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Yes, I don't quite get why people collect pre-recorded media in formats that will all become obsolete. I know people with closets full of pre-recorded VHS movies. I used rented Laserdiscs, Beta VCRs, cassettes, 8track, Hi-8mm, Minidiscs -but only to do my own recordings.

I stopped collecting prerecorded media after LP records. Never collected many CDs, DVDs, don't even have BluRay.

20. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    What "lower price"?

And, in response to the questions about BD (or other formats), I have DVDs that I've had for years that I still watch. And the BD home theater experience simply cannot be matched with online services or even with rentals (since most BD rentals now are NOT the same as the retail disc)...