1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Breaking Bad - Jumping the shark?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by voripteth, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Aug 1, 2011 #1 of 51
    voripteth

voripteth User Advocate

Apr 9, 2003
    Wow. I've never seen such a bad season premier that makes me want to cancel my season pass. It seems that everyone is either a whiner or acting stupidly.
    Skyler - I want the car wash because it was my idea! Wah wah.
    Hank - It's my pity party so I'll cry if I want to.
    Marie - Same old petty theft and whining when caught.
    Walt - Outrage because he's being watched after trying to kill the boss? He doesn't want the carwash for good reasons but suddenly turns around because he's called "chicken"? How can he be SO stupid not to see he's being manipulated!?
    Jesse - At least he's not whining this time but he looks as depressed as I felt after watching this episode.

I just cringe at how stupid everyone is acting for no good reason. It will be hard to come up with the fortitude to wade through this muck until it gets good again. IF it gets good again.

The only characters who are smart and I can tolerate are Mike and Gus. Let's kill off everyone else. ;)

2. Aug 1, 2011 #2 of 51
    NatasNJ

NatasNJ Bone marrow lover!

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    I thought the season premier was solid.
    I am getting sick of the SIDE story lines and want more Walt & Jesse.
    I do think the past two episodes should have been condensed into one.
    Like how episode 3 ended and looking forward to see how thing progress from here as it seems things MOVE forward fast starting next week. :)

3. Aug 1, 2011 #3 of 51
    robojerk

robojerk Active Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    I think it's been awesome.

4. Aug 1, 2011 #4 of 51
    rpph

rpph Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Voripteth - I say cancel your season pass. I will continue to watch and enjoy.

5. Aug 1, 2011 #5 of 51
    Legion

Legion Member

Aug 24, 2005
    How are they jumping the shark though?

I could see if Walt and Jesse win the annual Chili and Meth Lab Cook Off down in Santa Fe or something similar. But right now all I see is characer and plot points being developed.

6. Aug 1, 2011 #6 of 51
    kaszeta

kaszeta Ceci n'est pas une conserve TCF Club

Jun 11, 2004
    Grantham, NH
    I thought it jumped the shark back when the plane crash happened. It recovered.

7. Aug 1, 2011 #7 of 51
    Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    You must not be paying very close attention; this was NOT the season premiere. This was the third episode of season 3. I'm not wild about this season so far. But I'm cutting it some slack; I expect this season to hit its stride very soon....

8. Aug 1, 2011 #8 of 51
    voripteth

voripteth User Advocate

Apr 9, 2003
    My mistake, I was referring to episode 3 of this season, not the premier. Box cutter and 38 snub were decent episodes mainly because they focused on the main characters.

Perhaps they have something planned for Skylar, Marie and Hank but they sure are making me loathe those characters.

9. Aug 1, 2011 #9 of 51
    DanB

DanB New Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    well, lots of open ended stuff going on right now. Not sure how many will be closed or really add up to anything.

Still a good hour of fun though.

10. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    Last season we had the persistant dread of the cousins stalking Walt-which made every episode suspenseful. This year is not so much-but I do enjoy it. Seeing Skylar become involved with Walt's ways, and even excelling at it is great to watch-because it's actually rekindling their relationship.

11. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    Don't forget about Walt Jr.
    RJ Mitte says his character is about to get a bit darker ... and I'm not talking about a tan. ;)

12. Fleegle

Fleegle Chef-In-Training

Jan 15, 2002
    For a number of reasons, I've been in a pretty dark place over the past month or so, and I am finding myself identifying with a lot of the emotions we're seeing this season.

13. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I thought the first episode of this season was amazing. The second episode I was bored and started wondering where the show could go. By the end of episode 3, I was interested again for something reason.

14. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Except for the "season premier" part, I completely agree. They should change the show name to "Breaking Dumb". I don't expect all of the characters to be playing it smart, but it would be nice to see some of them doing so. Smart and ruthless is more fun to watch than dumb and bumbling.

15. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Yeah, up until she asked him how he paid for the champagne, I thought they were gonna jump each others' bones...

16. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    I was thinking about how little we've seen of him so far in these three eps....not at all in this week's.

17. robojerk

robojerk Active Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    It could be that she was thinking the same thing, and decided to throw her tantrum to kill the mood. She's still mad at him, but it's obvious she's getting over it.

18. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Jesse must have some really tolerant neighbors.

19. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Hard to believe the cops haven't busted his days-long party by now...

20. ewolfr

ewolfr .

Feb 12, 2001
    SoCal