1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bought Pro at SS for $51 off

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by HarperVision, Aug 23, 2013.

1. HarperVision

HarperVision TiVo's Italian Cuz!

May 14, 2007
    Paradise...
    I just bought a Roamio Pro from Solid Signal for $548.99 and their entire Roamio line is discounted, plus free ground ship and no tax!

PS - Oh and 2 day shipping all the way to Hawaii was only about $12.50. TiVo wanted about $115 for that!!! :eek:

2. Icarus

Icarus Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Upcountry...
    thank you, ordered my pro. Nice shipping charge.

-David

3. HarperVision

May 14, 2007
    Paradise...
    You're welcome. Are you in Hawaii too?

4. Goober96

Goober96 New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Anderson, SC
    Have you bought from them before and trust them? Never heard of Solid Signal.

5. I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE Member

Oct 13, 2009
    "Middle of...
    They are Solid as a rock. No pun intended.

6. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Active Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    They have been around for years. I ordered my DirecTV equipment from them in 2004 or so.

7. ncbill

ncbill Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Western NC
    SS is also great for antenna/amplifier orders.

8. aristoBrat

aristoBrat Active Member

Dec 30, 2002
    Va Beach, VA
    Thanks for pointing this deal out. Didn't see a free Ground Shipping option, but no biggie with the $12.50 2-day shipping.

Total for a Pro + 2 Day Shipping was $561.93. :)

9. trip1eX

trip1eX Active Member

Apr 2, 2005
    I don't see a Free Ground shipping option.

10. donnoh

donnoh Member

Mar 7, 2008
    I also ordered a pro today from SS. When I first did a search for Tivo Roamio it shows the 3 models and says all are in stock. While I was looking around on their site at other stuff after I place the order I noticed they have additional text that says "Availability: Usually ships the same day" on a lot of stuff. That text is there for the plus and 4 tuner model but not the pro so I started a chat and asked if the pro was in stock. Its not, but they said they should have it in the next day or so. We'll see.

If it doesn't ship early next week I think I might cancel the order. It is a good price though.

11. AMike

AMike Member

Oct 22, 2004
    Metro Atlanta
    I also highly endorse Solid Signal. When I had DirecTV, they sold me specific equipment that I wanted instead of rolling the dice and getting whatever D* decided to send me.

12. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Quite solid....I bought my XL4 from them....no problems at all, and it was the cheapest price around.

13. Goober96

Goober96 New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Anderson, SC
    Thanks everyone for the great recommendations of Solid Signal. My Pro is on its way. :)

14. celtic pride

celtic pride Member

Nov 8, 2005
    where is solid signal located? (just wondering where they ship from)

15. Bryan Lyle

Bryan Lyle Tivo'n since 1999

Feb 6, 2002
    Middle of...
    Michigan

16. cr33p

cr33p New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Ann Arbor MI
    I really wanted to take advantage of this offer, I too am in Michigan, they ship to me next day, however I had a 95 dollar Reward Zone cert that needed using at Best Buy, they tell me I should see it Sept 5th OUCH!

17. HarperVision

May 14, 2007
    Paradise...
    Are you sure it's actually "on its way"? I ordered before you did ( as I was the topic starter) and they're telling me now that it won't ship until Monday Aug 26 at the earliest. Also I stand corrected on the original quote of $12.50 2 day shipping. They informed me that since I'm in Hawaii then it would be $45.46! When I placed the order it only charged and accepted the $12.50 rate all the way through. I'm starting to feel a little "baited and switched", but the total cost with shipping is still $6 less than retail with no tax so I agreed to the higher price.

18. Bryan Lyle

Bryan Lyle Tivo'n since 1999

Feb 6, 2002
    Middle of...
    Solid Signal is saying Monday at the earliest for me too. Told me the Plus model was "backordered" even though the site still says In Stock.

19. Goober96

Goober96 New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Anderson, SC
    By "on its way" I just meant I ordered it. It has not shipped yet. I'm in South Carolina so the $12.50 shipping charge should get it to me, I hope.

20. Icarus

Icarus Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Upcountry...
    uhm .. yeah ... look to the left. :D

<------

They did say on their site they would recalculate shipping charges for Hawaii, etc, and get back to you if it changes. Mine changed to $40.xx.

$12.50 would have been a great deal for HI. I went with the new charge too.

-David