1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Both TiVo's froze and rebooted at same time

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by jeff92k7, Jul 29, 2012.

1. jeff92k7

jeff92k7 Annoyed with trolls

Jan 18, 2006
    on planet earth
    Today, just before 4:00p CDT, both of my TiVo Premieres froze and rebooted. They were both recording only one channel (Olympics on our local OTA NBC affiliate). On one of the Tivo's, we were just watching live TV on another channel. Without any warning, the picture froze, then a minute later, the TiVo rebooted.

I wanted to make sure that the other TiVo hadn't been interrupted and found that it had also rebooted about 5 minutes earlier than the one we were watching.

I didn't observe any sort of power issues at the time. They just rebooted with no warning.

Any ideas?
  2. adavidw

adavidw New Member

Feb 23, 2000
    Tucson, AZ
    I have no ideas except to say that my Premiere rebooted at about the same time. ~1:45 MST (Arizona) time, equivalent to 3:45 CDT. Both tuners were recording big olympic blocks, one on the OTA nbc affillate, and the other on the analog cable nbc sports channel.

No warning. No explanation. Weird coincidence.
  3. lillevig

lillevig Hot in West Texas

Dec 6, 2010
    San Angelo, TX
    NBC added three Olympics channels to several cable lineups sometime this past week. When that happened on my system, it caused five of my NBC related HD channels to no longer function on two of my three cablecards. Re-pairing took care of that but the five affected channels are now copy protected (CCI byte=0x02) while the new channels are not. Bottom line is that anything related to Olympics coverage and strange Tivo behavior is possible.