1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston's Finest - entire season

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Bob Coxner, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    A new documentary series on TNT. The first episode was really good. It's a mixture of Cops' type action with a lot of personal backstories. You follow just a few officers through their on-duty and off-duty lives. Donnie Walhberg producing. It makes for a nice bookend to Southland.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/bostons-finest-tv-review-424447

2. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Considering the other terrible Boston reality shows out there right now, I might give this a shot.

3. rahnbo

rahnbo Active Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Florida
    I just watched it, right after last night's COPS. I still prefer COPS and BF was fine but the production on it was so good I had to wonder how much was scripted or re-shot, or otherwise manipulated? That scene near the end of her jogging and stopping to gaze at the perfect sunset... anyway I'll watch again.

4. RonDawg

RonDawg Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2006
    It seems like the COPS-like action are at best re-creations of real-life incidents, and we are not witnessing the incidents as they happened. In last week's episode, when the female patrol officer and his partner pull over the guy in the Cadillac for an unreadable license plate, it just seems too coincidental that they would have multiple camera angles of the driver and his bad attitude.

5. jbiggs19

jbiggs19 New Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Was going to pass on this one but heard some decent things.

6. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Just watched the second episode. Pretty good so far. I know there have been a couple of these follow-professionals-around reality shows (Boston Med, that one on the aircraft carrier).

How do those compare to this show?