1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Fios channel lineup change

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by srjtr7, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Aug 20, 2008 #1 of 104
    srjtr7

srjtr7 New Member

Sep 9, 2002
    I just flipped on my Tivo and it looks like my Fios channel lineup in Boston have changed tonight.

I have tried forcing a connection to see if the new channel lineup would download....no luck.

I can manualy tune the new channel....but all the info is wrong.

Any idea of when and what it will take to get the new list?

Thanks.

2. Aug 20, 2008 #2 of 104
    rifleman69

rifleman69 Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Oregon
    It'll come through in about 3-5 days, tell TiVo to get on it via their website.

3. Aug 20, 2008 #3 of 104
    Thos19

Thos19 Member

Dec 31, 2002
    Rockland, MA
    You may have to re-run guided set-up. I'm anticipating doing that when I get home tonight.

Thos.

4. Aug 20, 2008 #4 of 104
    sinanju

sinanju Member

Jan 3, 2005
    They ran the fiber to the poll in front of my house a couple of months ago. I've been holding off ordering FiOS until the cut-over was complete and the lineup adjusted. This is great news. I can't wait to dump Comcast.

5. Aug 20, 2008 #5 of 104
    SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    Yeah I just checked, the lineup has changed. I reran guided setup, no new channel list. :(

6. Aug 20, 2008 #6 of 104
    gosox

gosox New Member

Dec 31, 2007
    Ran guided setup, no luck. Still getting old channel lineup for Acton (Verizon FIOS Burlington).

UNBELIEVEABLE that this sort of major screwup can happen. And perhaps it's just me, but right in the middle of the Olympics, where all my to-do list is now in the crapper.

Just got off the phone with Tivo support. Had not heard of the issue. Opened a ticket. Expect 3-5 days to resolve.

TiVo Customer Support
    Live agent support available: Monday - Sunday
    6:00 AM - 9:00 PM Pacific
    Phone number: 877-367-8486
    Email support is not provided by TiVo at this time.

7. Aug 20, 2008 #7 of 104
    mbhuff

mbhuff New Member

Jan 24, 2004
    New York
    Expect it to take more like 15-20 days to completely resolve. And even though, minor issues will still exist. Keep trying the guided setup each day. Once the major changes are fixed, there will still be issues with duplicate channels and missing guide data. Calling the CSRs for this does little good, since it appears that all they can do is to submit the lineup change the same as you.

Use http://www.tivo.com/setupandsupport/contactsupport/lineup_tool.html to submit the problems. Don't assume that anyone else already has. The more people that submit, it appears, the faster it is resolved. Once the major lineup changes is finished, it would be a good idea to post on this thread the remaining issues and get a consistent list and have everyone in the area submit the lineup problems that remain.

Good luck. You'll be happy once it's done, but until then, it's a pita.

8. Aug 20, 2008 #8 of 104
    SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    Wait a second... During guided setup when it asked me if I received pay channels, I said yes, and the lineup there was wrong.

But now that I've completed GS, I went to the channel lineup, parts of the new lineup are there. The 4 digit channels show up, but Verizon has moved their 3 digit channels around, Tivo has not.

9. Aug 20, 2008 #9 of 104
    mbhuff

mbhuff New Member

Jan 24, 2004
    New York
    Go to http://www3.tivo.com/tivo-tco/tvlistings.do

Do not login. Check "Change". Enter your zipcode. There should be a choice of providers. For FIOS usually there is "Digital" and "Primary". Primary is the "lifeline" limited channel lineup. "Digital" is the normal one. During the changeover there is usually something like "Digtal Rebuild" and "Primary Rebuild". Choose the "Digital Rebuild" option. Check to see if it is close to what it should be. If so, then re-doing guided setup is what you need to do.

The "trick" is that during the questions in guided setup it will try to figure out if you are part of the "rebuild". Pay very close attention to the questions is asks you. Make sure that when it asks you about the channels that no only are you really receiving that channel, but that it's the accurate name for the channel. If it isn't the right channel, and you click "no", it knows that you are part of the rebuild and will download a different guide.

10. Aug 20, 2008 #10 of 104
    SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    Ahhhh, good tip, thanks, no luck though for my Zip, still only Digital and Primary, checked the channels in Digital, no changes from Verizon are reflected in there yet.

But checking there will make it a hell of a lot easier than running GS a couple of times a day. :)

11. Aug 20, 2008 #11 of 104
    Philipp5

Philipp5 New Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Last night all of my HD channels disappeared. Anyone have this happen? I'm in North Reading, MA (Boston Area). The Cable Guy is here right now but doesn't seem to know what to do... He says that my second Cable Card is not registered anymore.

EDIT: After about 4 hours here the cable guy found out the problem of the line up change and really nothing was wrong - the HD channels are now in the 500 range instead of the 800 range. He gave me a new list. Now I'm waiting for TiVo to update the lineup.

12. Aug 20, 2008 #12 of 104
    jclem

jclem New Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Framingham, MA

No, it's not just you. Right in the middle of the Olympics!! They should've waited until the DNC broadcasts when no one really cares. What a Royal PITA!

13. Aug 20, 2008 #13 of 104
    jclem

jclem New Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Framingham, MA
    Hey mbhuff, I went to the 'tvlistings' site and for Verizon fios I did not see 'rebuild', just 'primary' and 'digital'. I clicked on the digital anyway and just found the old line up. I take it that that means I'm 'S**t out of luck, right?

14. Aug 20, 2008 #14 of 104
    karenj

karenj New Member

Aug 20, 2008
    I found a similar thread from earlier in the month when Verizon did the switchover in the New York area.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=400883

They had luck entering another zip code during the guided set up (and choosing the corresponding service area), so I tried the one they suggested (10010 for Northern NJ) and checked a few channels and they all seem to be what they're supposed to be. A couple of people in that thread mentioned a few smaller problems (local channels, etc.), but this seems to be a useful workaround while Verizon and Tivo sort themselves out.

At least I'll get my Project Runway this week!

Good luck.

15. Aug 20, 2008 #15 of 104
    dmbfan36_23

dmbfan36_23 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Marlboro, MA
    Verizon sent mailings out a couple weeks ago about this change over, it was due to go in effect today (8/20)... I forced 4 calls to TiVo between midnight and 10am and I've got nothing yet... you should not have to re-run guided setup, it should just come thru as a big "Lineup Change" update... you get them from time to time for a few channels at a time.

16. Aug 20, 2008 #16 of 104
  17. Aug 20, 2008 #17 of 104
    NickCat

NickCat New Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Rowley, MA
    I got the mailer... knew it was going to happen... and was hoping TiVo was prepared... I guess not.

Guess we just have to complain to TiVo and wait it out. You'd think after another area just went through the same thing they'd coordinate new switches better.

EDIT: I did just call TiVo, instead of filling out that form, and the rep I spoke with seemed to indicate it should be around 48 hours before it's fixed. I guess the holdup is getting the data from Verizon to Tribune before TiVo can send out the new corrected channel and line-up info. He did also confirm it would come through as a normal line-up change as other people stated... so don't bother with a Guided Setup.

18. Aug 20, 2008 #18 of 104
    sinanju

sinanju Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Well, Verizon has to schedule the change with Tribune and the other data providers and, apparently, the cut-over date has been fluid. Last time I spoke to Verizon, they were telling me not to expect it until the first week of September. I know the mailers went out, but that doesn't mean Verizon was coordinating with anyone else...

19. Aug 20, 2008 #19 of 104
    SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    Ding Ding Ding!

Exactly, Verizon has a vested interest in making this switchover as painful as possible for Tivo users, after all, they want you to rent their DVR.

20. Aug 20, 2008 #20 of 104
    wellsb

wellsb New Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Have you noticed the MA lineup has only 53 HD channels? I ran the guided setup for NY/NJ and I receive a lot more channels than that MA lineup lists like all those extra Showtime and HBO channels. This might be FUBAR for weeks. :(