1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bookmarks with a recording...

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by RedBeerd, May 26, 2009.

1. RedBeerd

RedBeerd New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Pennsylvania...
    I would love to see TiVo add bookmarking within a recording. I would like to be able to set a bookmark as I am watching the recorded show so I my quickly go back to that scene. There are many times I am watching a recording and see something that my wife may want to see. When she goes in to the recording she has to FF and search for the scene. If I could bookmark the scene it would be so much easier.

2. johnny99

johnny99 TivoHD

Nov 10, 2008
  3. orangeboy

orangeboy yes, I AM orangeboy!

Apr 19, 2004
    East Moline, IL
  4. solutionsetc

solutionsetc Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Northern...
    As described your FR would not only require the bookmark, but an interface to store, recall, and manage them.

IMHO, a much easier to implement (and more functional) solution would be to input numerically the time-in-video to go to. This could be added to the annoying pause/ad menu with an option "Go To" which would bring up a field to enter hr:min:sec.

5. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    Go To would require a UI.

The same place could also hold a set/recall bookmark, and have a recall bookmark in the program page.
    The index data could be modified to include a couple bookmark fields
    Yes, GoTo would be easier. Bookmark would just be an extension of that.

6. solutionsetc

solutionsetc Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Northern...
    Not really...

Press 52 Advance to go to minute 52. Press 222 Advance to go to 02:22:00.

Bookmarks are ok... but I would much prefer the ability go to any spot in a show without having to had previously set a bookmark.

IMHO the above is intuitive, quick, elegant, and requires no additional UI components (short of maybe putting the numbers up on screen in or near the time bar).

And this could be expanded to also use the ff and rw keys:

pressing 52 ff would jump ahead 52 minutes. Pressing 9 rw would jump back 9.

7. Gorlak

Gorlak New Member

Dec 2, 2004
    I am behind this feature. Just being able to drop bookmarks in during playback or pause. Repeat segments between bookmarks would be nice too.

Do developers from Tivo actually cruise these forums very often?

8. consumedsoul

consumedsoul Member

Jan 13, 2013
    I take it since this thread's last post (2009) there hasn't been any news on whether TiVo would implement a 'bookmark' feature any time soon?

9. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Probably not. TiVo sees themselves as a time shifting device, not an archiving device. If you're only going to watch a show once and delete it there isn't much need for bookmarks.