1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bones season 8 - anybody watched?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by bsnelson, Jul 21, 2013.

1. bsnelson

bsnelson Mid-life anti-crisis in progress TCF Club

Oct 30, 1999
    Allen, TX, USA
    Me and the wife just finished about a two week marathon evening binge watching of all of seasons 7 and 8. I saw the thread on season 7 - is there anyone else here besides me that's still watching? I was very disappointed in the season finale.

Anyone? Bueller?

Brad

2. jamesl

jamesl Member

Jul 12, 2012
    I still like the series

some episodes in season 8 are hits, others are misses

I didn't like the "super genius criminal" in season 7
    I didn't like Brennan running away (it seemed really out of character)

I never liked Zach, but I like the revolving interns

after season 8 I'm still excited for season 9, (but bummed out by a couple of things too)

obviously can't say why though

3. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Active Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    I dropped Bones from my lineup a couple of seasons ago. I get to where I just have too many season passes and not enough time to watch them so something's got to give and this one went. There are just too many forensic detective shows on TV these days. I dumped all of the CSI shows several years ago because they got simply ridiculous and unbelievable. Bones was mildly entertaining at best and it was too hard to justify watching it any longer. It's just another example of American TV that has been on longer than it should.

I like the way the Brits do their TV shows. When they come up with a new series they keep it short and sweet and don't run it into the ground like we do here. They keep their seasons short and try to concentrate on good writing and acting. I just got my first taste of Luther with Idris Elba (you know him as Stringer Bell from The Wire and he's currently in Pacific Rim) and I can't wait to see the rest. The first season was only six episodes and the last two are only four episodes apiece.

4. secondclaw

secondclaw Member

Oct 3, 2004
    Florida
    I watched, but getting tired of it. The super-criminal is just awful - an artificial foil against all the geniuses running the lab, and the contrived season finale was just bad. I do miss the old episodes where Bones and Booth just worked together, I think their dynamic was better. Concerning the revolving interns, I loved the idea from the beginning, and I think it has worked out great for the show. Not all interns, but some are great.

5. markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    We still watch. And my wife watches reruns a lot too.

6. eddyj

eddyj SeƱor Member TCF Club

Jun 20, 2002
    South Florida
    Same here. Normally, I complain when a show has too many standalone episodes and not enough "arch" episodes. But that assumes that the arch is any good, which in this case, it is not.

7. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Normally, I like Bones, but after just rewatching ep 20 (the Blood from the Stones) I realized that I don't like Brennen's character too much anymore. She's much too literal and abrasive than in earlier shows. Her social interaction is just over the top. They really need to bring the character back to something a bit more normal.

8. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Huh? She was like that in the first season.

9. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Active Member

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    We stopped watching 2 seasons ago but just started watching reruns of season 8. The series has gone down hill. Bones has become a cartoon person so fake that I prefer when she is not in the picture.

10. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    It seems to have gotten worse in my mind!

11. Jon J

Jon J Curmudgeon

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    So true. Early on she was watchable. Now she's just obnoxious. ;)

12. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    There has not been much growth. Being around Booth and having a baby - you would think that she would start to show some changes in her behavior and grow in personality.

I still cry a little when I hear at the end "What's that mean?"...