1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bones season 7 (post pregnancy)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by WinBear, Apr 25, 2012.

1. WinBear

WinBear Konner Kringle

Aug 24, 2000
    Carrollton,...
    Is anybody still watching? There's no threads for any of this season's episodes. I'm still enjoying it enough, but getting annoyed at a few things. They have overemphasized that Temperance is (now) a vegetarian. I think I've been enjoying the intern subplots more than the main murder.

2. eddyj

eddyj SeƱor Member TCF Club

Jun 20, 2002
    South Florida
    Pretty much sums it up for me.

3. pkscout

pkscout Active Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    We're three or so episodes behind, but I'd say we're watching out of momentum than anything else. The intern stories are about the best thing left in the show. Booth and Brennan getting together should have been the culmination of seven seasons and a great way to go out. Instead it seems like a pitstop on the trip to mediocrity.

4. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I don't know why you people are complaining now.
    The show lost itself with the whole Gormogon debacle years ago.

And then, they reemphasized how lost they were with the cyber genius walking away scot free.

5. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    I guess I was blocking it, but YES! I totally agree. The Gormogon incident was where the wheels came off, in my opinion. I think, if I remember correctly, that there was a writers strike that made them truncate the storyline, "so thats all we got." Really, they should have just dropped it rather than give us such a lame conclusion. It was a bit like heroes.

6. Jon J

Jon J Curmudgeon

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    My wife is still watching but I gave up about three episodes ago. Bones' clueless literalism drove me away never to return. Booth is obviously the most patient person on the planet. ;)

7. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    I'm still hanging in. I've been down this road before with my favorite shows. The writers get a little goofy after a few years. It just means it's getting near the end of it's service life. I watched every single episode of Crossing Jordan, The Guardian, and Judging Amy and too many others to list. I expect I'll hang in there with Bones until the bitter end. :)

8. ehusen

ehusen Geek not Nerd

Jan 7, 2002
    Chicago Suburbs
    Well I'm sure his training as a sniper helped. "Wait very still for hours, then take the shot..." :)

9. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    Did I totally miss something? The only clue I had that she might be a vegetarian was in this thread. I did notice in last week's episode that she ordered a veggie burger, but has there been something else? That would have totally not registered on my radar if I hadn't read this thread before I watched that. I have ordered veggie burgers before, and I am most certainly not a vegetarian. :)

10. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Did you order it with cheese and bacon? That really makes a veggie burger good. :)

11. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    Just cheese. :)

12. Timbeau

Timbeau Active Member

May 31, 2002
    VT
    I have 5 or 6 episodes still unwatched on my DVR. I don't know if I'm still watching or not. I thought the show was pretty good when it just touched on the characters personal lives but the last few I actually watched, the show was about their personal lives and just touching on cases.

13. jehma

jehma Active Member

Jan 22, 2003
    NJ
    Anyone still watching? What did you think of the finale?

I kept thinking Bones' Dad would kill Pelant to save his daughter and granddaughter. I loved how the different characters dealt with her being a suspect.

I still don't completely buy them as a couple. Their chemistry isn't great, but maybe that's more due to her character than anything.

14. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Active Member

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    This show has got to get away with the baby parts. It ruined In Plain Sight for me and I am trying to keep watching Bones. What I enjoy the most is what is going on in the back ground with the other characters. Like when they used all the expensive test equipement to throw a party.

15. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    I agree with this completely. I'm still watching, my husband still really digs the show, but I'm past it. I often wait to watch it until he insists. I won't be sad when they do get around to cancelling it.

16. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    This is what I expected too. It still is possible next year of course.

That was a REALLY good, complete frame job. The only weakness is, Bones is a forensic genius. There is no way that someone so intelligent, who has been working with the FBI for so long, would be making so many puerile moves/mistakes.

17. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    This season was terrible until the finale.

18. jehma

jehma Active Member

Jan 22, 2003
    NJ
  19. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
  20. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    Raking leaves
    I haven't watched an episode this year.
    I don't even remember if it is a scheduling conflict or disinterest- I may have even recorded a few and deleted them after they sat unwatched for a bit.
    I mostly no longer care.
    The last thing in this series that interested me was the death of Vincent Nigel-Murray- after that I just kind of stopped watching.

And I will NEVER be over the Gormogon resolution fiasco.
    That was the biggest dumbass move I have ever seen on a teevee show.