1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boardwalk Empire - "Two Imposters" - 11/25/2012

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by cheesesteak, Nov 26, 2012.

1. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I got goosebumps when Richard started laying out his weapons. I still don't know why Nucky doesn't have him on speed dial.

I kinda felt sorry for Nucky when he realized that Eddie has been his most faithful companion and he'd never even bothered to find out if he has a family.

I can't wait until next week. All kinds of crap should hit the fan.

If I were Chalky, I'd not only ask for the club but I'd get my street tax lowered too.

Gyp didn't randomly kill some poor unsuspecting schlub this episode. This show is slipping. :)

2. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    Because it is 1923 and speed dial hasn't been invented yet :)
    Seriousl, tho Nucky probably considers Richard to be a "Collaborator with the enemy", as he was Jimmy's right hand man and is now working for Jimmy's mom.
    Says a lot about Eddie as well, he really did "live to serve"
    Yeah, should be a slam-ban season finale
    "you are assessed for street repairs, pay $45 for each house and $115 for each hotel"

3. rrrobinsonjr

rrrobinsonjr New Member

Nov 25, 2004
    Northern, VA
    It was so brief, yet so powerful. I can't wait to see the bloodbath.

Nucky isn't personally aware of Harrow's talents, and speed dial didn't exist in 1923. Nevertheless, Nucky will benefit when Harrow rids the brothel of Rosetti's men and possibly Gillian Darmody too.

[​IMG]

4. NatasNJ

NatasNJ Bone marrow lover!

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    Yeah. So Richard laying out the guns. Clearly he is going to go kill some people. But who? Is it Rosetti's men? Gillian? Very confused by his motives.

5. robojerk

robojerk Active Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    I think Richard's motives are to keep Jimmy's son safe. Both Jimmy and his wife Angela were very good to Richard, and he felt part of their family. I think he knows Gillian Darmody is a nightmare, but I think he hoped that as long as he stayed there he could protect Tommy. Gillian kicking him out for her jealous reasons have made him angry, and Gyp's men inside the brothel is a real threat to the lives of those inside the mansion, including Tommy.

6. rrrobinsonjr

rrrobinsonjr New Member

Nov 25, 2004
    Northern, VA
    We don't know yet. But based on Harrow's previous actions, he is a man who lives by a certain code.

Even though Gillian was very insulting and demeaning to him, he likely still views her as the victim. He sees men as the soldiers and women as those requiring their protection. Also he has a soft spot for people who have ever shown him kindness. Gillian certainly fits that bill, even though she sees it as more as charity.

PLUS one of the two people he cares about most in the world in in that brothel.....JIMMY and ANGELA'S SON!!!

He knows those men are dangerous and he plans to "save" Tommy at very least.....and possibly Gillian too.

7. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I kinda hope Richard doesn't kill Gillian. I like her nude scenes.

8. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Yes. :-{)

9. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    And the guy who saw his cousin's head made into a smashing pumpkin was still Gyp's #1 guy!

Anybody speak German and know what Eddie was saying? Was it "If you can keep your head..."

10. Family

Family Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Great episode.

I loved when Al came on and said something like, "I'm gonna take a shower, eat a meal and then we can talk about who dies."

11. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Al wants to knock off Torio and take over everything. .
    In real life Al just took him out on his own with a bullet.

12. su719

su719 New Member

Apr 4, 2004
    Al never took out Torio. The war with the North side led to the assassination attempt that made Torio retire and move to Europe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Torrio

13. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Oh. OK. That's what I get for thinking the Rod Steiger "Capone" movie had it right.

Then Al wants to take out O'Banion.

14. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I'm interested in how the real gangster (Capone) vs fictional gangster (Rosetti) battle plays out.

15. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    So you feel... Gyp'ed? :p

16. Family

Family Member

Jul 23, 2001
    I don't want to spoil it for you, but when a real person is involved it's a little tough to change history.

17. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Are you saying Gyp Rosetti was a real person?

18. Family

Family Member

Jul 23, 2001
    No Capone was.

19. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I guess, then, I don't see your point...since Rosetti didn't exist, almost anything can happen (obviously, he can't kill Capone, but that only slightly narrows the options).

20. squigy0

squigy0 Internet DJ & Dummy

Mar 20, 2003
    Owings...
    I definitely, at the least, was amazed at how stupid she is for sending Richard away when he's absolutely the only person that could protect her from Gyp's crew which is just a teeter from getting completely unmanageable.