1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boardwalk Empire S3E07 "Sunday Best" OAD 2012/10/28 ***spoilers***

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeAndrews, Oct 31, 2012.

1. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Who called it, huh?

As we mentioned it makes no sense that Gillian needed a dead Jimmy. I was sure that that the floor lamp behind the tub was going into the water.

Harrow certainly knew that Jimmy was already dead. What purpose did it make for Gillian to scream "My dear boy is gone!" BEFORE they found the body?

Harrow has his picture-perfect family and it includes the kid. Gillian may not be long for the world.

Did we ever hear that the Commodore put Jimmy in his will? At the start Jimmy didn't even know that the Commodore was his father.

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    At least Gillian, for one brief shining moment, got the Jimmy she always wanted. :D

3. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    I hope Roger went out with good thoughts on Gillian's goods.

4. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Huh? It makes sense to me. They need a body for Jimmy to be officially declared dead. I doubt the coroner will run any tests that could disprove his identity, since his mother "identified" the body, and he died in "his" home from a drug overdose and drowning.

5. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    But Banker Uncle Junior told her there was a procedure to go through to get Jimmy declared dead. The only thing that could be on her mind was she needed the house sooner and couldn't wait for the courts to declare him dead.

6. Nov 1, 2012 #6 of 13
    john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    I'd have some other concerns, if it were me. For example, if I told the officials that Jimmy disappeared and hasn't been home, would they start an investigation? If so, would it cause trouble for the illegal business being run out of the house? Would the people who killed Jimmy be angry for starting an investigation, and retaliate?

Of course, there would probably be concern about an investigation even with the bathtub scheme, but at least the investigation should be short (the brothel would only need to shut down for a few days). With a disappearance, the investigation could go on for weeks or months.

7. Nov 1, 2012 #7 of 13
    cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Gillian can kill anybody she wants as long as Gretchen Mol keeps getting nekkid.

I was surprised that Gyp lives in such a cramped dump. I guess only the boss gets to live well and the earners don't get to keep much of what they earn.

8. Nov 1, 2012 #8 of 13
    Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    A few days?

I suspect the investigation would consist of "Some junkie died at the whore-house? Imagine that!" <cops a feel>

This isn't exactly "CSI: Prohibition"! ;)

9. Nov 1, 2012 #9 of 13
    Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    Either the scene was filmed in a freezer or else she has the longest nipples I've ever seen.

10. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    That's acting. She looked completely different when she was playing a naked Bettie Paige.

11. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Maybe she was just happy to see him?

12. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    She was hot hot hot in that movie! :D

13. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    i'm assuming this will be closed casket...i'm sure most people remember what jimmy looks like

i'm just happy no man body parts in this ep