1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boardwalk Empire air dat 10/27/13

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by dowalker, Oct 28, 2013.

1. dowalker

dowalker New Member

Sep 29, 2002
    Spring Hill, FL
    Is it just me, or are there just too many story lines?
    I can't keep up.
    :confused:

2. markymark_ctown

markymark_ctown Active Member

Oct 11, 2004
    C-Town
    i'm a season behind (watching season 3 via netflix) and see the same complaint in those threads.

yes, there is a lot going on in the show...hard for me to keep up with characters. glad to see it doesn't change. :)

3. Satchel

Satchel Active Member

Dec 8, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    I thought this episode was pretty scaled back...we only saw the Nucky/Eli/Willie story along with the FBI guys, Sally visiting from Tampa and the Chalky/Dr. Narcisse story.

No Margaret, no Gillian, no Van Alden, no Capone, no HarrowÂ…there are a lot of stories, but this last episode felt like it left out most of them to me...

4. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    So I guess William becomes the new Eddie?

5. frombhto323

frombhto323 Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Washington, DC
    I think he is meant to become the new Jimmy.

6. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Well, they've been making a pretty big deal about Nuckie not having an Eddie.

Maybe he starts out as an Eddie and works his way up to being a Jimmy?

7. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    I was actually holding my breath a bit when Dunn was choking Chalkie. Sure would have hated to see his character go out that way. I guess Daughter Maitland made a big choice there. I wouldn't mind her staying around, she sure is easy to look at.

8. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Nucky is nuts to not insist that Willie finish college before joining the family business. That's going against his brother's wishes directly.

It sucks to be a junkie on Chalky's side of town.

It looks like the end is closing in on Narcisse. He'll have to skedaddle back to NY before Dr. Nucky kills him. He'll still owe 10% of the club and Daughter Maitland's contract so the Libyan should quit while the Libyan is ahead.

As mad as he is, I have a hard time believing that Eli will cross Nucky again. At least not totally.

9. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I'm wondering about that FBI agent. He seems to have a screw or two loose, and he seems to be REALLY pissed at Hoover for stealing his thunder. He might decide it's time to stop pretending to be a bad guy and actually become one.

Plus, he's already a murderer...I forget about that little factoid...

10. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Isn't he supposed to be Tolan, J. Edgar's "lifelong companion?"

11. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I thought he might be Clyde (that's a name you don't hear any more) Tolson too but why not just call him that? Maybe having Tolson be a murderer would have triggered lawsuits from his heirs.

12. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    I'm not sure she made a choice exactly. I think she was flattered and moved by Chalky's appreciation for her singing, and did not really think through the consequences of helping Chalky. I guess if he had not praised her singing so sincerely, she probably would not have helped him.

13. frombhto323

frombhto323 Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Washington, DC
    I give her more credit than that. I think she was reluctantly willing to assist Dr. Narcisse in his long con against Chalky, but drew the line at murder once she had developed some affection for him. I think she believes that Chalky is sincere towards her, so she is not prepared to go that far.

14. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Daughter knew something bad was probably going to happen to Chalky. Narcisse told her to keep him there until somebody came there to deal with him. I don't remember the exact words. I think that actually witnessing Chalky being attacked made her switch sides.

15. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    I'm enjoying this season but the nudity meter is steadily declining.

16. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    The plot point is going to be if Eli really turns on Nucky again, or stands up to the feds. I think that even Eli could sacrifice himself rather than betray either Nucky or his son.

How about "How is it that YOU are still alive?" "Doyle" finding out once again where the line with how much Nucky will take is?

17. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    That's how I see it. I don't think she was really comfortable with the murder, and I think you could see it in her expression when Narcisse told her to keep him there. I'm glad Chalky didn't bite it. He's one of my favorite characters on the show.

As for Willie, I think Nucky realized that college wasn't for him, and that he probably has some talent and could be useful to Nucky. I'm not quite sure what Eli is thinking though.

18. DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    I've noticed this too. They seem to be filling the nudity time with expanded musical/dance interludes.

19. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I can buy Nucky helping Willie below the radar but he can't decide what the kid's future is going to be without consulting Eli. That's a face punch or two waiting to happen.

20. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    While I agree, that's always been the dynamic between those two. Nucky is the boss and Eli does what he wants. That it stepped over the line to Eli's family is not surprising. Not saying it's right, just not surprising.