1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boardwalk Empire 10/21/12 spoilers

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by SNJpage1, Oct 21, 2012.

1. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Active Member

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    I think I am about to delete my season pass. There are too many things going on at once and I think its ruining the show. I didnt mind when there was three story lines going but I think tonight there were five story lines going. It's as if they dont have enough material to do one story so they have to put other things as fillers. His girl in NY is a waste of time to me. And now Jame's mother is about to go flakey on us.

2. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    The whole point of a long running dramatic series is to have a lot of interlocking stories. Think about how many threads there were on The Wire and Deadwood.

Billie is cute.

Gillian has been a flake all along. She still has to carefully explain to Roger how he'll be Jimmy.

<-----That country lawyer is going to fun to watch some more.

Did they establish if the kid did set the fires or was there a real vagant?

3. NJ_HB

NJ_HB TiVo/MCE/PSP

Mar 21, 2007
    Piscataway,...
    Owen mentioned the vagrant starting the fires to stay warm.

4. Family

Family Member

Jul 23, 2001
    I'm pretty sure we are to assume the kid set the fire.

I like the direction the show is taking. There is a void from Jimmy's death, but they have enough going on and interesting characters to overcome that.

5. NJ_HB

NJ_HB TiVo/MCE/PSP

Mar 21, 2007
    Piscataway,...
    I must have mis-understood. I thought the bag with the turpentine and matches belonged to the vagrant and the kid took it from the neighbor's house, I just did not follow how else he would have come by them.

6. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    It really doesn't seem like it would be that hard to take back that Tabor Heights town...

7. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I still think the kid started the fire.

This episode was pretty much a snoozer. I don't care about most of the people it focused on.

8. klj

klj Tivo Challenged

Feb 25, 2010
    not sure where to put this so i'll throw it in here.

is anyone else having each episode record twice. once on hbo and once on hbo latino?

9. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    no, mi amigo! ;)

10. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Active Member

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    After all the time that was spent on the Tabor Heights story line, it was wrapped up in 5 minutes?
    I think it was the boy setting the fires. He did say that the bag was his. Wasnt there an eposode in the first year where he was playing with matchs?

11. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I didn't get the impression that it is wrapped up. That guy is still on the lose and probably getting reinforcements.

12. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Nucky and Doyle lost their whole crew in Tabor Heights, too.

We can see from the preview that Gyp Rosetti is not only going to take on Nucky and Rothstein and "Da Joos" he's going after Luciano who is also in, or a friend of Marciano's(?) Italian gang.

13. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I did love Nucky calling out Rosetti about being offended by everything in the last episode.

14. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    I have trouble keeping track of everyone's names on this show.

What I am wondering is, after he called Nucky, whether Means is really going to help Nucky set up Attorney General Daugherty, or whether it is a trick to set up Nucky.

I'm glad to see Esther Randolph back. It should be fun to watch her try to take down Daugherty.

I also had the feeling that Teddy set the fire. Why would he have a bag that he claimed was his with matches and turpentine if he was not involved? And as someone else mentioned, he got in trouble for playing with matches before (I think it was at school). But if Teddy did it, I don't understand why Slater claims that he caught a vagrant who was responsible for the fire.

15. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    You're going to cancel your Season Pass after watching ONE EPISODE?!?

Because clearly, if you think James's mother is only now going flaky, you've never seen this show before.

:D

16. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Means says that Daugherty has no cronies left to back him, other than blubbering Smith. That is probably true, but it was Means who told them (Smith!) to bust a bootlegger to get the heat off.

Esther has to get the backing of the President. In thos edays they'd likely just burn her.

Slater was giving the kid an excuse. Watch for that to bite them when the kid sets fire to the house.

17. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I think he's genuine in wanting to setup the AG because he doesn't want to go down with the ship....especially with that blubbering guy having a mental breakdown right in front of him.

18. markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I have been thinking about dropping this show too. I don't eagerly await each episode like I used to. I think somewhere along the line I was doing too much web surfing while watching and wasn't paying enough attention to understand what all is going on.

19. robojerk

robojerk Active Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    Gillian, Margaret, Richard, and Van Alden's story lines..... at times I find them interesting, but at the same time I see no connection to the main arc. Gillian's story line gets far too much screen time in my opinion, she was only a bit player that supported Jimmy's story arc, and now that James is dead she's become obscure and extremely unimportant to the main arc. This is starting to remind me of True Blood with too many story lines.

Seasons 1 & 2 were good enough that hopefully everything gets wrapped up at the end and the writers show why these story lines are important.

20. Family

Family Member

Jul 23, 2001
    The show wants to go gangster, but there is a limit to what they can do because many of the gangsters can't die. I like that there are many subplots; it dillutes Margaret who was taking over the non mob area of the show.