1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bluetooth audio issues with Stream

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream' started by mooreak, Sep 22, 2012.

1. mooreak

mooreak New Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Anyone else experiencing horrible buffering lag when watching a stream while connected to a Bluetooth audio device for audio output? I really like having a richer audio experience than the iPad speaker can produce.

Thanks.

Aaron

2. bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007
    I watched an entire movie in my car connected to BT. No lag at all

This was a movie saved to the iPad and wasn't a stream...

3. mooreak

mooreak New Member

Feb 1, 2007
    I've done that as well. Unfortunately, when Frontier took over our state from Verizon they locked almost all the channels so there is very little I can download. Only having the issue when streaming.

4. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man-also

Sep 14, 2003
    Northern...
    I'd think there's no way to solve the problem, since you're working with an incoming buffer to the iPad and an outgoing buffer to the audio device.

5. lestersanders

lestersanders New Member

Nov 14, 2012
    I have the same problem- discovered it accidentaly. I don't see any solution in this thread. Have you come up with anything?

6. mooreak

mooreak New Member

Feb 1, 2007
    From what I've read they share a radio and antenna for Bluetooth and WiFi. I bought an audio cable and just plug it in.

Aaron

7. InstagramF

InstagramF Instagram Followers

Nov 16, 2012
    Hello,
    yes there are all are right you can use and connect blue-tooth easily that is the bst way to connect any phone with blue-tooth.

8. Dec 9, 2012 #8 of 12
    mvnuenen

mvnuenen ~0.0~

Jun 1, 2007
    Durham, NC
    I don't have a Stream (yet) and forwarding the sound to my big jambox is a must for me as well. I do this currently with Hulu, Netflix and Plex streams. Occasionally I experience the sound to be out of sync with the video with any of these apps. What usually fixes this is switching the sound to the iPad speakers and then back to the jambox. With some apps there is a convenient button for audio output, with the others I actually have to turn off/on the bleutooth.

Hopefully one of the Stream users can confirm using a bleutooth audio device will work fine, otherwise no Stream for me!

9. mvnuenen

mvnuenen ~0.0~

Jun 1, 2007
    Durham, NC
    About to get a Stream but would like to know if audio can be played through a bluetooth speaker (like jambox). Can anyone confirm?

10. mvnuenen

mvnuenen ~0.0~

Jun 1, 2007
    Durham, NC
    Nobody? Guess the Stream is not as popular as expected... :rolleyes:

11. MacBrian

MacBrian Member

Feb 24, 2002
    Kansas
    I watch Tivo recordings on my iPad while I'm on the treadmill. I use LB HSB700 bluetooth headset and it works great most of the time. Sometimes the sound lags behind the video - I just figured there's an overhead to sending the audio wirelessly via bluetooth to the headset. If it annoys too much usually a skip backward (or 2 or 3) helps to minimize the lag. Not sure why it's OK most of the time but not all the time, but it's not bad enough to be super annoyed with...

12. mvnuenen

mvnuenen ~0.0~

Jun 1, 2007
    Durham, NC
    Thanks but if recordings are already giving you issues i can only imagine that streams are even worse.... And that is where is see the Stream having its only usefulness in my household: streaming but only with impeccable sound output through a bluetooth speaker. So, sofar no Stream for me...