1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blocking TiVos from Receiving Input from Remotes

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by coreybryant, Jan 11, 2013.

1. coreybryant

coreybryant Texan at Heart

Mar 1, 2003
    Castle Rock, CO
    We had to get a new entertainment center and sometimes (a lot) - the TiVos do not receive the commands - usually the dogs is standing in front of one of them.

Is there a device we can purchase to help fix this? I looked at a few products but I was not sure which one that TiVo Series 3 and TiVo Series 2 would work well with.

We also use Logitech 1100 to communicate to the two TiVos.

Thank you!

2. poppagene

poppagene User

Dec 29, 2001
    I find that the tivo slide (if you can find one) with the usb bluetooth connector works better in a setup where the couch blocks the signal of a regular tivo remote.

3. Eddief66

Eddief66 Member

Oct 24, 2009
    Corpus...
  4. coreybryant

Mar 1, 2003
    Castle Rock, CO
    The Wireless RF Remote Control Extender - would I need two of them for both boxes and do you know if the Logitech is compatible with it?

Thank you!

5. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Bounce the signal off of a white ceiling or a light fixture up there.

Unless this is in the bedroom, in which case you now have a perfect excuse for a mirror on the ceiling. :)

6. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Active Member

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    I also have the unit that HDRyder9 is using. It woks great. In my case one of the main reasons to buy it was because my receiver is inside the cabinet. However, I found that by putting the transmitters on the rest of my equipement I no longer had to point the remote at the device I was trying to control. I now point to one spot for controlling everything.

7. coreybryant

Mar 1, 2003
    Castle Rock, CO
    Thanks - since they are IR, I am sure they will work.

On the TiVo Series 2 - we actually have one hooked up (to the cable box) so I don't know I if I could use that... Is there a "doubling" device?

And I suspect two would been needed?

One of our Akitas likes to stand there and sometimes I have to fast forward thru a complete section of a show - especially when he is eating a treat. And I cannot bend my knee, so walking is a bit difficult at times. I don't want to yell at the dog of course (but it is frustrating now)