1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blacklist: "IVAN" 3/24/2014- SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Alfer, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    That one was a bit of a let down. Borderline cheesy storyline. "Oh, teen wants girl so bad he'll do anything to win her love!" Meh. Overall I thought the whole Ivan thing was lame.

The only thing worth anything was the small cat and mouse chase between wife and "hubby". Everything else was just hokey and forgettable IMO.

Lots of suspension of belief stuff too. Ivan's ease of taking an uber high tech gadget and using it as if it's just as easy to use as his iPod. :rolleyes:

2. Jayjoans

Jayjoans New Member

Jan 22, 2003
    CA
    Not only was it a bit cheesy, they hired that not very good actress from Hostages to once again play the weepy daughter. Ugh.

3. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Was that faux substitute teacher and cowboy hat black guy in the grave?

The way the camera kept moving around it was hard to tell if they showed the same face twice or 2 different faces.

4. jeepair

jeepair Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Hi honey, I'm about to investigate a building at xyz address and I hope you are well. Bye. :rolleyes:

Red said he has never lied to Liz. I'm guessing he is her biological father but left and his friend was her 'father' and looked after her.

5. dtle

dtle Active Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Philly, PA
    I think this the first episode where the person on the list was not the culprit.

As for the Lizzy and Tom altercation, shouldn't Lizzy watch the camera's recording to see who left the building? I'm sure Tom would've had cameras on all entrances/exits.

I think Red stated that he's not Lizzy's father. But maybe uncle, or an older brother?

6. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Sibling should have shown up on a DNA test. Not sure about uncle.

7. randian

randian Member

Jan 15, 2014
    Southeast...
    Red is too old for it to be likely he's her brother. Since Tom predates Red's appearance in her life, what is his real target?

8. Gerryex

Gerryex Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...

Yes, I agree. But I'm a little confused. This top secret computer lab is crashed and the guy kills the power and runs out with the prototype. Gets into his car and someone hacks into his car (yeah right!!!) to set off the air bag and he crashes and dies. Then the prototype is taken. Then Red meets up with Ivan who seems to have the thing and has to pay Red 8 million to be saved and Red "kills" one of the FBI agents. Then Ivan is on the plane with Red. But does he still have the prototype? And I thought the young kid eventually ends up with it. Was the young kid the one who crashed the computer lab and then took the prototype from the car.

If all of the above was true then where did Ivan come in.

And yes the only interesting part was with Lizzie almost finding her hubby at the hideout and ultimately seeing that blue toy in the surveillance video.

Gerry

9. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Speaking of...

I also love how incredibly fast/easy it is to, in this case, hit a few buttons on a tablet device while running through a kitchen and sudden;y Red had millions of dollars transferred to his bank account.

10. Fahtrim

Fahtrim New Member

Apr 12, 2004
    Missouri
    "case of the week" writing was freaking TERRIBLE, overall plot still decent

11. stellie93

stellie93 Active Member

Feb 25, 2006
    If I understood it right, the kid did it all and just signed Ivan's name to it. But where did a 17 year old kid come up with Ivan's name in the first place?

The other part was cool, but was that a one of a kind blue toy? I admit, it's suspicious, but so was the box of stuff she found under the floorboards. But this time he got no benefit of the doubt. :confused:

12. TiVolunteer

TiVolunteer lotta lurk rare post

Jul 10, 2001
    Cary, NC
    Yes, Ivan and Red discussed this on the plane. Red could tell that Ivan didn't have a clue what he was talking about and called him on it. Ivan fessed up.

13. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    This show is losing me.

14. Gerryex

Gerryex Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    Yes that kind of thing always annoys me but it happens in many shows. Just a few clicks on any old computer device and millions of dollars are transferred!!

Yes, I think that's right. But why was Ivan fleeing in the first place? Was it because his name was being used by the kid when the thing was stolen? Lastly, what happened to Ivan after the trip in Red's jet? Do we assume that Red took him someplace where he would be hard to find and Ivan just goes away?

And again I agree that other than Lizzie and her hubby this week's episode was rather weak!!

Gerry

15. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    The cameras wouldn't necessarily be recording. They probably are just there so he could see outside while he was inside.

And even if the feeds were being recorded, they probably would be recorded off-site.

16. Fahtrim

Fahtrim New Member

Apr 12, 2004
    Missouri
    fool me once shame on you............

He's been suspicious, and she's a trained FBI agent, anyone else and she wouldn't have given him this much slack, hence the flashbacks to all the other scenes. It wasn't "benefit of the doubt". It's simply overwhelming evidence at this time.

17. Jon J

Jon J Curmudgeon

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    Have we ever been told what agency/organization hubby works for?

18. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    No. We only know a codename of "Berlin".

19. MirclMax

MirclMax Ancient Member

Jul 12, 2000
    What made you think that was a codename?

I thought it was the actual location. (i.e. they are German agents)

20. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    I think he used the right word. It could be a codename, it could be the location. Either way, it is obviously not the formal name of the organization running the mission (unless the organization is really lame).