1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Brother - ep04 - 7/19/2012

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Dnamertz, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Dnamertz

Dnamertz New Member

Jan 30, 2005
    Wow, Willie sure seems to be in a bad spot for something he didn't even do. He wasn't mocking Will but now he is probably in the hot seat. This is a good example of how spreading rumors can turn nasty.

2. jcondon

jcondon Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Except he did mock him.

I wonder if that was totally scripted. Similar story line in Glass house.

3. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Archeologist

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    LOL, it was not scripted.

But clearly Willie should have gotten rid of Carrotop when he could. He's the bigger threat. Bad game play.

And that's a pretty lame coach's twist.

4. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Looks like Willie's inner Hantz showed up.

Think there's any validity to the coaches coming back as full players in the game? I'm hoping not. What an unfair advantage they would have being ineligible to be voted off directly until that would be implemented.

I also wonder if this new twist is designed to help Dan.

I'm liking this season so far.

5. markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I am not sure I understand how this twist is supposed to work. Do coaches have to agree to trade a player with each other?

6. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    I like the way they set this season up with the coaches. It makes it more difficult to decide who you want to root for.

For example, I really like Frank, but I hate Boogie.

What to do!?!?!

7. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I imagine this will be a forced trade. So if Dan wins and he wants Frank, he gets Frank and Boogie would get whoever Dan gives him (well in his case there's only one houseguest).

8. Byteofram

Byteofram Survivor of C-bus

Oct 29, 2004
    Buckeye Land
    This is how I took it as well, except Frank isn't eligible.

9. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    I think Willie is getting a bad rap. I didn't see anything anti-gay in what he did. He was quoting something Wil said and spoke in a voice that indeed sounded much like Wil's. People do impressions of other people when they repeat things they said all the time. That is the way Wil sounds after all. Frank blew it all out of proportion. And notice frank didn't object to it at the time Willie said it.

10. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Yeah, I know, it was the only houseguest name I could remember!!

11. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    When Boogie exclaimed "Chilltown North" I gagged.

12. jcondon

Jul 9, 2003
    Frank did seem to have an expression when it happened. Like WTF. Perhaps Willie meant nothing by it. It's all part of the game. He mocked the guy and some believe it was because he was gay. Maybe it wasn't.

Willie does seem like he is playing weeks and weeks in advance and has a deal with everyone. He had a deal with Frank yet he put Frank up. He was telling some people to vote for Frank and some to vote against.

Wasn't Willie (and Britney) a bit over the top watching Ian on the HH TV and making fun of how weird he was acting?

I think he came on way to strong for week one. Perhaps he can turn it around and keep from going home next week. If not I think he brought it on himself and he seems like a bit of a tool.

13. Dnamertz

Dnamertz New Member

Jan 30, 2005
    Except he did not mock him. As tiams said, he was quoting him and in doing so he said what Will said in Will's voice...people do that all the time and it's not mocking or making fun of. If he was quoting a woman, he might have done it in a higher pitched voice...if he was quoting a man with a deep voice, he would have made his voice lower. It was not anti-Will (other than the fact that he did not like that Will wanted to take a 24 hour break) and it was not anti-gay.

Frank either doesn't comprehend what mocking is...or he intentionally smeared Willie's name to save himself, which is dirty.

14. Jebberwocky!

Jebberwocky! Guest

Apr 16, 2005
    How did I miss the twist??

15. jcondon

Jul 9, 2003
    Which is exactly what mocking means. He did it he got called out on it now he has to deal with it. Perhaps he meant no harm or offense. Wil took it as an offense.

Call it whatever you want Frank explained what Wille did. Wil took offense to it. Again all part of the game. Just as is making deals and stabbing people in the back.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mocking?s=t&ld=1087

16. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    It was right at the end, in the final segment after the HoH was decided and Julie went back to talk with the houseguests. Basically the winner of the coach's competition this week can either save one of their teammates or swap one of their team members for somebody else's.

17. andyw715

andyw715 Active Member

Jul 31, 2007
    I thought Franks whole "Bully" argument was pretty band-wagon.

18. Dnamertz

Dnamertz New Member

Jan 30, 2005
    No, that is exactly what "mimic" means. To mock means "To treat with contempt or ridicule". He did not appear to be doing it as a way to put Wil down, except to put down the comment itself.
    As you said, if "he meant no harm or offense", then it can't be mocking. How can he be "called out" for something if he "meant no harm or offense"?

Wil didn't take offense to the comment, he took offesne to Frank's version of the comment...because it was described to Wil as being "mocked". He heard this 2nd or 3rd hand, he did not hear the comment itself...he only heard what Frank explained to him, and Frank painted it in a negative light.

19. KRS

KRS Mmm...invisible cola

Jan 30, 2002
    Franklin, MA
    I think what Willie was making fun of was Wil's saying that he wasn't going to talk game for 24 hours. At the time, I thought that was a peculiar thing to say, seeing how that is all there is to do in the house besides eating and hanging around.

Frank is irked that Willie is being so two faced about nominating him.
    I'm not going to put you up / puts Frank up
    I am doing everything I can to get you the votes / splitting the votes

Frank knew that Willie was a hothead and pushed a few buttons. Then he tried to sit back and watch Willie self destruct. Of course he couldn't help but to yell a few things back, but other than that it was well played.

WTF was Britney thinking sharing her Coach theory with Willie. I suppose she was needing to talk to someone and Janelle was getting too buddy buddy with Dan, but why pick Willie.

I liked seeing the live Tweets at the bottom of the screen going into commercials.

Was the playmate who was on the block actually in the magazine?