1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Brother - ep01 - 7/12/2012

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by IndyJones1023, Jul 13, 2012.

1. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Archeologist

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    I see there's a spoiler thread, but I don't know if it's for the entire season or After Dark or whathaveyou, so I'm starting up this season's first individual thread.

What do you think so far? Thankfully the returning guests thing is only in a coaching capacity. And I only remembered Janelle and Boogie by name. I had to see Dan and Brittney before I remembered them.

I hope that Survivor brother guy goes soon. I hate when people lie about their outside lives. And Dan made a good choice in eviction, Jodi seemed to be dead weight.

2. 2004raptor

2004raptor time to emancipate

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    First thoughts were what on earth do they think britney can do as a coach? Didn't she just ride on coat tails her season until the guys decided to get rid of her? But she is hot in a bikini so it's ok to have here there :p

I can't remember names yet but I'm hoping the flamboyant guy goes quick.

I haven't watched survivor in years so I don't know who the guy is that the house guests were referring to. But I don't really like the way the brother comes off.

3. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    I thought it was funny that Willie Hantz was recognized right away by the nerd, and then soon afterward by Boogie. He really thinks he can hide it? But he's safe for the first week.

4. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    So far I like the new cast. I am pleased to see my favorite BB player of all time Dan back in the house, but also disappointed in his crew. Those women do not look like they can win competitions or play a social game. I think Dan wil be first to go.

Oh, and kind of proud I guessed the shows one big twist:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=9167999#post9167999

5. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    So far so good. Seems like a fun cast.

I sure would be pissed to be the first to go and you haven't even had a full day at the house.

Poor girl got picked last AND gets booted.

6. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    It is how Brit gave Willie the HOH so he could solidify his position in the house yet she was the only coach that was not shown discussing how Willie looks like Russell. I am fairly sure she caught on as well if she made that comment.

7. jcondon

jcondon Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Dan should have picked at least one guy for his team. Too many of the competitions require some sort of strength or size. Just as some comps are better suited for lighter smaller people.

I think it was stupid that guy tried to lie / hide who he was. There is a good chance if you are fan of BB you might also watch Survivor.

I thought it was interesting the guy from Naples lied about being unemployed at least one house guest thought he was not totally honest.

And the nurse (one of the two left on team Dan) said she was a teacher or something. Not really honest either. And she is working on two degrees.

8. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    I liked it quite a bit. It will be fun to see how things play out as the coaches try to get their players to the end.

I think Willie just needs to fess up. Enough people know about what his brother did, where he's from, etc to realize he wasn't going to hide it.

9. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Screw you CBS for listing it as in HD on the guide data and for having it in SD. Is it really 2012?!? If they can film crabbing on the Bering Sea in HD they sure as H*ll can show this prime time major network show!

10. Snappa77

Snappa77 RUDEBWOY

Feb 14, 2004
    BOSTON
    About the chick that got booted. I didn't like that she kinda spoke about her step kids like it was a negative. She also spoke about all these athletic things she does which if true good for her but she IS a plus sized woman sooooo...yeah.

I hope Willie puts up the first picks of Janelle and Boogies teams. That is what I would do. Get rid of the their main competition. Alot of ppl seem to not like Willie simply cuz he is Russell's brother. So there is no wonder why he tried to hide that.
    No one said nothing about that woman claiming to be a teacher.

11. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    This. It's a joke. Is there anther network prime time show still filmed in SD? There probably is, but I can't think of one.

Anyway, I like it so far. The coach thing is an interesting twist, and outside of Janelle, I am ok with the coaches (I don't really mind her that much, but she comes off to me as arrogant...Boogie does too, but I'll fogive him because he was in Chill Town).

The challenge was funny. Laughed a lot.

12. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    The bigger joke is that all the cameras are already in HD because After Dark IS AIRED IN HD!!!

13. DancnDude

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    I'd bet it has nothing to do with the cost of HD cameras but the difficulty of being able to edit together the show so quickly. The amount of data is orders of magnitude greater in HD than it was in SD. The crab fishing editors have months of leadtime to put together an episode.

I wonder if Glass House is only on once a week due to it being in HD.

14. jcondon

jcondon Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Which is what Indy said too in another thread.

I am fine with it. I rather watch this show 3 times a week in SD then watch Glass House in HD once a week.

Aside from HD/SD BB is much better show.

15. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I'm hoping Glass House being a BB clone and in HD forces their hand.

16. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Back to the show:

I love the coach idea but I would have preferred to bring back 2 coaches so they each have 6 people. Having only 3 players (2 now for Dan) to coach isnt very much.

17. Azlen

Azlen Active Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    I'm going to be curious to see if people stick to their teams or if other alliances form.
    People may end up getting along more with people outside their team then on their team.

18. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    There is no incentive for the houseguest to stay with their teams so I would expect they don't....or at least they would smart not to.

19. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    I'm still not sure I fully understand how this is supposed to work. Was the captains picking the HOH/evictee a one time thing or is that every week? Will they always compete as teams or as individuals?

20. DancnDude

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    The way I understand it is that each of the coaches now has 3 players (Dan is now down to 2) and that's set.

Everybody plays as individuals however and the individual who wins the $500k at the end also wins $100k for their coach.

Until there is a twist of course....