1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Brother - 8/3/14

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by gweempose, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Aug 3, 2014 #1 of 42
    gweempose

gweempose Active Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    Who won the Battle of the Block?

The show before it ran long, so the end got cut off. Caleb and Victoria were about to knock down their dominoes for the second time. My guess is that they won, and this would make me very happy. I want Nicole to stay HoH, since she has no allegiance to any of the guys, and could potentially backdoor Frankie. I also think if her nominations stayed the same, Zach could seriously be screwed.

2. Aug 3, 2014 #2 of 42
    DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    Caleb and Victoria won.

3. Aug 4, 2014 #3 of 42
    verdugan

verdugan Active Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    I'm not a prude or anything and whatever Zach does or doesn't do is his own business, but I think he should just come out.

4. Aug 4, 2014 #4 of 42
    Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I agree. I'm really tired of his "I'm not Gay, but..." stuff. In this day and age, would it really matter? He doesn't seem to be hiding it from the others in the house by his comments and actions (that CBS is showing).

5. Aug 4, 2014 #5 of 42
    TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    They have upped the production value this season ( not just the HD) but the competitions have been pretty cool.

6. Aug 4, 2014 #6 of 42
    loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Can't wait to see Caled shave his head. :)

7. Aug 4, 2014 #7 of 42
    Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Nicole talks a big game but like fellow BB fan Christine she won't put her neck out as HOH.

Whats the punishment for not going thru the extra requirements. Not playing POV isn't going to make Caleb shave his head if he doesn't want to.

8. Aug 4, 2014 #8 of 42
    gweempose

gweempose Active Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    Agreed. I don't know if they hired a new team to design the challenges, but they have been noticeably better this season.

9. Aug 4, 2014 #9 of 42
    Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Nicole is already hedging. "I don't know if I'll have the guts to put Caleb up". They already showed her saying this more than once. I'll bet she gets talked into taking the "safe" route and keeping the noms the same and Victoria goes.

10. nyc13

nyc13 New Member

May 31, 2013
    I kind of thought one of the DR shots with him wearing a hat looked like he already has (I don't watch feed or read the spoiler thread).

11. gweempose

gweempose Active Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    In my opinion, this week is the tipping point. Either Nicole decides to step up and take out one of the power players, or the guys will run away with it from here on out.

That's an excellent question. I would think the contestants have no choice but to comply. Otherwise, what would be the point? It's different than Team America where they forfeit the money.

12. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    While I agree to a point, I can still see Donnie or Hayden making a move. Speaking of Hayden, I'm surprised they keep putting up Victoria while Hayden has played the same kind of game. Why won't they touch him? I can't figure that one out.

I would think that they sign a contract that says they HAVE to comply. If he refuses to, he could be expelled from the game? And this time around, they could have picked the "punishments" so he had the choice NOT to use that one.

13. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    I thought so too.

14. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Why not let Victoria shave her head? :)

15. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    i think you mean jocasta or zach will be leaving. caleb and victoria won the botb, so they aren't eligible to be replacement noms.

16. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Yes, Jocasta, sorry. Either way, she'll take the safe route. It's why this season is boring. The "others" are sheep. I'm not even sure what their game mode is? Usually you can tell. They form a second alliance, or they move from one alliance to the next. This year? I have no clue. Can anyone tell me what Nicole, or Jocasta, or Victoria, or Hayden's game is? Wait around to get voted off? Surely they know who's running the game by now.

17. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Their strategy is make it until next week and that's all, in the meantime hope a fracture develops in the Detonators. Victoria is actually sitting pretty good in this scenario. She'll probably get put up a couple more times but a bigger target will always be sitting with her and she can float her way to top four cause no one thinks she can win comps.

18. angbear1985

angbear1985 Τι ποτέ !

Aug 25, 2006
    Ohio
    I can't wait to see how Caleb does - having to be attached to Victoria for 48 hours!

19. dimented

dimented Comfortably Numb TCF Club

May 21, 2003
    Somewhere...
    He will probably get infatuated with her next.

20. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    That's a good strategy to potentially get toward the end, but unless they are in the finals with someone who's just completely despicable and has no allies (kind of like Dan in his second season), there's no way to win. It's a terrible strategy. Donny, I think is playing it to some extent, but he has some America's Team "in" and he's doing a bit of playing. If I were to pick a favorite to win right now, it would be Donny.