1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Brother - 8/28/13

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Dnamertz, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Dnamertz

Dnamertz New Member

Jan 30, 2005
    Wow, Amanda calling Ellisa "trash" is IRONIC. Did Amanda realize she was dressing for the Veto ceremony and not a hooker convention. As short as her shorts were, at least she wasn't in her underwear today. And the high-heels were a nice touch with those short shorts...if you're going for the trashy look.

And calling Ellisa plastic is funny coming from someone who keeps commenting about her own breast implants.

2. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    elissa just learned a valuble bb lesson - in order to break up a power couple, you nominate both of them when you have the chance, so there's at least one left on the block!

it's too bad elissa didn't understand basic bb strategy before entering the house. sure, aaryn is a strong competitor, and if aaryn goes tomorrow it'll be a big game move, and elissa gets sweet revenge. the price - elissa is target number one.

mcmandy will have their way with elissa next week, so i hope elissa has another pov win left in her. if not, i suspect her remaining time in the house will be measured in days, not weeks.

3. Dnamertz

Dnamertz New Member

Jan 30, 2005
    Who says McCrae or Amanda will be HOH next week? If Judd, GM, or even Spencer win I'm sure McCrae and Amanda will be targets. Even Andy is done being used by them as he stated in the DR tonight.

4. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    i hope you're right, but i suspect elissa will be on the block, sitting beside gm or judd. we'll see. pandora's box has yet to appear...

5. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I don't believe a word Andy says in the DR. It is suits his floater game (nice one Zingbot!!) then he'll be kissing up to McRanda.

I was thinking that it would have been a lot smarter to put McRanda up in the first place, but that wasn't her plan at first. She came to it later, when GM convinced her it was the smart move (I can't believe it was GM who realized it...but it was probably more to save Aaryn than anything).

Did they telegraph Amanda winning the POV any more clearly? As soon as Alissa came on the screen in the DR talking about how Amanda winning would be her worst case scenario, I turned to my wife and said, Amanda won the POV.

Amanda actually played the POV well by not rushing and letting the ball roll slowly. Most of the others were trying to go too fast and ended up dropping that ball.

Amanda acting like she did...well she said in the DR that her act was to try and fluster Elissa so Andy could go to her and comfort her, so he can stay off the block. It didn't work. But I did crack up when fake boobed Amanda was making fun of Elissa's plastic features. The thing with Amanda doing that is that it really upset the rest of the houseguests, and maybe it does sway Andy to the other side. I doubt it, but you never know. Andy will go to the other side ONLY if McRanda, or him, doesn't win the HoH. If they DO, he'll stick with them. I think he's smart enough to realize, that if he's in the final three and wins that HoH, if he takes Amanda, he's got a great chance of winning.

6. Dnamertz

Dnamertz New Member

Jan 30, 2005
    Andy is also smart enough to realize that if he is in the final three with Amanda and McCrae, he has zero chance of being taken to the finals if one of them win the final HOH comp.

I agree that if Amanda or McCrae win HOH, Andy and all the other HGs will be kissing up to them. But if someone else wins, I believe these people have this small amount of smarts needed to realize that if they don't break up the couple now, it will never happen.

7. KRS

KRS Mmm...invisible cola

Jan 30, 2002
    Franklin, MA
    I have to give props to Elissa for not spewing BS about not considering nominating Amanda when cornered by her. Might not have ended up being the smartest move, but she is one of the only people (besides Spencer) to ever stand up to Amanda.

I wonder if Amanda is on any meds. It sure seemed like she was off them with that disgusting display. She is clearly jealous of Elissa's good looks and "yoga toned ass." She probably thinks of herself as a hot chick, and yet of the women left in the house, she is neck and neck with GM for last place on a scale of hotness. :)

Note to GM - matching the color of your tongue piercing to your outfit is NOT hot. And is it my imagination, or does she have some sort of weird piercing between her cleavage?

8. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Just for the record, I don't think Elissa is hot at all. She's as fake as Amanda only in a different place.

I think people are forgetting that Amanda's nastiness toward Elissa was planned. She laid it out with Andy, that she will go off on her and Andy will console her to try and stay in the game. It's a lot like the time that everyone's favorite (ugh) Janelle and her flunkies did the same thing during the Cappy season. But, she didn't lay that out to everyone else in the house, so it just sounded like she had gone off the deep end. I'm sure Spencer and Judd are thinking she's gone BS crazy. Obviously it didn't work since Andy is on the block. It will be interesting to see who McRanda fights to keep in the house between their 2 3AM members.

9. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    You would think it would be Aaryn since she's demonstrated that if she gets any power she will do what they want. But we shall see...

10. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    On the other hand, if they get to the final 3 with Aaryn, she's may have a better chance of winning HoH than Andy.

11. gweempose

gweempose Active Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I'm guessing they will push to keep Andy. Aaryn showed that her allegiance to 3AM is tentative at best when she selected Judd to play in the veto comp. Ultimately, McRanda has very little power this week. It's all up to what the rest of the house decides. Even if Spencer votes with McRanda, it won't matter if everyone else votes the other way. I'm pretty sure Spencer will vote with the majority of the house, though. His strategy at this point is pretty much don't rock the boat. Hopefully, Elissa realizes what a weasel Andy is and uses the opportunity to strengthen her ties to Aaryn and GM.

12. dimented

dimented Comfortably Numb TCF Club

May 21, 2003
    Somewhere...
    Who does Ellissa want out? I would think McRanda would vote out Aryn and then GM and Judd would vote out Andy leaving Spencer as the tie vote. And I would think he would want to vote out Andy as well.

13. gweempose

gweempose Active Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    The problem is that when she first made her nominations, her main goal was to get rid of Aaryn. She was blinded by her hate for Aaryn, and let her emotions dictate the nominations, instead of strategy. By the time she realized how big of a threat McRanda is, it was too late.

14. gweempose

gweempose Active Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    True, but if Spencer realizes he is the tying vote, he will most likely vote with GM and Judd. There would be no strategic reason for him not to, since Elissa would have final say anyway. Either way, he's not the target next week, so why rock the boat.

15. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Unless he still fears McRanda, in which case he'll use the "don't want to be a target" defense and vote with them. I could see Amanda putting crazy pressure on Spencer to vote with them, if they realize the house is split.

16. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    this, 100%. elissa is "feeling" her way through the game. she thinks a lot about the hg and their behavior, instead of planning moves that will further her game. i suspect it will be her downfall, and soon.

17. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    that would be affirmative on both counts but I don't think meds can be blamed. Let's just say the edit for the show was the pg-13 version on Amanda's take on ED.

The piercing on GM's chest is one with a dermal anchor, she has quite a few altogether.

18. NorthAlabama

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    i'm still scratching my head, wondering what demanda expected to accomplish with her little tirade. was her brief lapse in power that crushing to her psyche?

19. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Active Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    No chance at a tie this week, five people vote.

20. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    She is super insecure about her end game and without a doubt is the biggest target going forward. If she goes on the block next week, DR is going to have to get her an extra box of tissues.

As to the reason for her tirades. Amanda really does think Elissa owes her place in the house to her and despite orchestrating the dismissal of Helen that Elissa should be sticking the 'the plan', the one where Amanda wins of course. :)

Plus she doesn't like Elissa and if she can torture her while getting her mole Andy back in Elissa's good graces then from her perspective 'win win'.