1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Brother 7.2.2013

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Steveknj, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Jul 3, 2013 #1 of 18
    Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Am I missing something but how is Rachel's sister the MVP? I'm guessing it's because she's the only one people recognize. It can't be because Rachel was popular? Can it?

I thought I might like the MVP, but now that it's in play, I'm not sure I do. First of all, I don't like that the viewers could effect the game like this. Second, it means a 50/50 chance the nominates will get changed through veto. Maybe that's a good thing, I don't know, but I'm not sure I like it.

I loved how pizza boy tried to "throw" the veto competition and then won. First of all, you need to spell a SHORT word, or just do what surfer dude did and not spell one at all, and pretend you were trying to make a longer word. Also, can NOBODY keep a secret?

I'm still trying to figure out how the alliance has numbers to vote out surfer dude. If they try and recruit someone to vote with them, then they risk exposing their alliance.

And, I still can't remember anyone's names!!

2. Jul 3, 2013 #2 of 18
    hefe

hefe Rebus Philbin

Dec 5, 2000
    CO via Chi-town
    MVP is a misnomer. I think people are voting to cause the greatest turmoil in the house. It's so early, the public hasn't really decided who their favorites are. I know I haven't. Nobody has come across as very likable to me.

3. Jul 3, 2013 #3 of 18
    Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I kind of agree. I think I have one favorite. Nick. He seems to know how to play the game. But it's early.

I don't know about you guys, but this definitely doesn't seem like the brightest bunch of house guests.

4. Jul 3, 2013 #4 of 18
    gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    Man is this the biggest bunch of idiots in BB history! And that's saying a lot. Especially Spicoli!

I can see why Elissa won the MVP. Definitely because of Rachel. Whom I do like. I thought she was a badass last year! Not to mention a trip. She was entertaining to me at least.

But something needs to change with the MVP aspect. Not sure how. But the MVP should be safe. Say the HoH is the only one who knows and cannot tell or be penalized somehow.

5. Jul 3, 2013 #5 of 18
    Waldorf

Waldorf Super Duper Member

Oct 4, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    Just going by Twitter, Rachel has around 95,000 followers and was campaigning for votes. The houseguest with the most followers is Elissa with around 5,000. Most of the other house guests have much less, so going into the first week of MVP voting, I'm sure Elissa carried more of a "known" inertia and some built in votes. We'll see if she stays and gets it again.

Other houseguests with Twitter accounts:
    Amanda - 200
    Aaryn - 2000
    Andy - 1000
    Candice - 700
    GinaMarie - 100
    Jeremy - 700
    Jessie - 100
    Judd - 70
    McCrae - 1300
    Nick - 2300

* numbers rounded using "new math"

6. Jul 3, 2013 #6 of 18
    Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    On Elissa winning MVP: Believe it or not, Rachel has 90,000 loyal twitter followers. These are people who actually like her. With a tweet she can get that number to vote ten times. Elissa very well could end up being MVP every week until she leaves.

MC has four votes. They need two more to create a tie at worst, with McCrae being the tie breaker. Amanda would be one McCrae could collect, and then just one more would have to be colectd (Andy, Helen, Kaitlyn being the lowest hanging fruit to grab).

7. Jul 3, 2013 #7 of 18
    Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    The house seemed to thing Elissa would win MVP, so I guess just on name recognition alone. I guess I'm just not understanding the Rachel love, but whatever. We'll see if sis maintains it.

I can't see how MC can get those extra votes without giving up the alliance. That's their major task, or, they just decide to go with the house, and vote off Elissa (the result I'm hoping for personally).

I forgot to mention. I loved when Candace said, I'm not gonna cry over being nominated...and they flash to the DR and she's crying over being nominated.

And Elissa is one TERRIBLE liar. First she says she never said that her sis was campaigning for votes for her, and her sis was a Super Model (the thought of Rachel as a SM might turn me off of clothes for the rest of my life!!), and then, oh yeah, it was a joke, as if she never denied it vehemently in the first place. She's really worthless, and not even funny worthless.

8. Jul 3, 2013 #8 of 18
    JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    I think Elissa caught herself blowing it by saying her sister would campaign for votes, then made up the Gissell story to cover up her mistake.

9. Jul 3, 2013 #9 of 18
    Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    And using such a well known model as her sister was an even STUPIDER mistake!! :)

10. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    I actually laughed when Jeremy was confused about who Giselle Buttchin was or how famous she was. :D

11. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    Yup, like you said she is a Terrible liar. Even when he called her on saying that why not immediately say you were joking, why deny deny deny and then say oh that I was joking.

12. DavidTigerFan

DavidTigerFan No, not Detroit. TCF Club

Aug 18, 2001
    Charleston, SC
    If Nick were smart he'd realize that Alissa had a good chance of winnning MVP every week and either bring her into MC or form some sort of bond.

13. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Nope, if he was smart, he'd agree to get her out now, before she ruins EVERY HOH chance to do what they want.

Regarding MVP, I think they should have a rule that the same person can't be MVP 2 weeks in a row. Imagine if she did win every week, how she could manipulate the game (if she were smart enough to do so). This is why this bugs me. Because America isn't voting or the most BEST player, or maybe not even the most popular one, but the one they heard of as "Rachel's sister". Hopefully someone will emerge from this bunch who really impresses America.

And there's still a part of me that thinks the vote is bogus to begin with and the producers manipulate it to their advantage. I thought this last season when "America" voted to let the Coaches play, and I think it's possible they might do this here. At very least, based on things like the spoilers in the last thread, it's possible that the producers can edit each episode to "favor" one person over another or omit important behavioral characteristics that might shine a certain light on a house guest. It's why I don't like "America" involved in the game except for things like what the Have Nots can eat.

14. hefe

hefe Rebus Philbin

Dec 5, 2000
    CO via Chi-town
    BTW, for those participating in the thread, it's...

Aaryn
    Elissa
    GinaMarie
    McCrae
    Kaitlin

Just a little help on the non-obvious ones.

;)

15. stellie93

stellie93 Active Member

Feb 25, 2006
    The girl trying to ally herself with McCrae seems somewhat smart.

It looks like McCrae has that long hair so he has something to pull and chew on when he's nervous, which he has been ever since he entered his HoH room. And he can't keep his mouth shut for 2 seconds. ;)

If the MVP's nominee is vetoed, does he/she get to pick the replacement or the HoH?

I see no reason to EVER for any reason tell ANYONE that you are MVP. Not sure that any of these people can keep their mouths shut though.

16. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    Yes, the MVP gets to replace their nom if their nom gets vetoed.

17. martinp13

martinp13 YHTBMABIITY

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    That's how I heard it too. So, they adjourn the veto ceremony, everyone gets a diary room session, then reconvene to announce the choice? Curious how that works.

18. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Me too!