1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Brother 7/18/2013

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Steveknj, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    No real surprises, except WE are the MVP next week. Blah. I wonder if this was planned all along or a reaction to Elissa winning the first three? My gut tells me it was because of Elissa, and if that's the case, it means that the producers didn't think the MVP through when they installed it.

Any bets that Aaryn is the MVP choice to go up on the block, and that she doesn't go home? (assuming she's not put on the block by Jud.)

2. late for dinner

late for dinner Past Expiration Date

May 17, 2013
    Colorado...
    well they tried to make it interesting but what chance did they really have? In any event I'm glad to see Jeremy go home. This way we don't have to see his head explode if it got any bigger.

3. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    And his head was big to begin with. I love how he kept saying he's a changed person, while still calling himself things like "a winner and other braggadocio. The guy just can't help himself.

The only problem with getting rid of Jeremy and Nick, is that really, the rest of them are far from interesting, unless you consider overt racism interest.

Except maybe Amanda....she cracks me up. Go Amanda. I think she's my new favorite now.

Every time Jud is mentioned or on the screen, we just can't help saying out loud...Juuuuuudddd. It's so wrong, but we just can't help ourselves. Maybe we'll finally see if he has any game play or he just does what Helen or Amanda tell him.

4. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    j-u-double-d is hoh! can't wait for this weeks's noms to see if judd will run his own hoh, and if anyone will freak out trying to figure out the mvp (twist).

finally, without elissa as mvp, i believe do aaryn will be america's top mvp nom pick. looks like second place will be important, too, if judd puts aaryn up.

5. LlamaLarry

LlamaLarry Active Member

Apr 30, 2003
    This season is kind of boring me, plus with the AD show being on TV Guide channel instead of Showtime I am actually watching BB much less than recent seasons (I don't remember when AD started).

Not sure I am down with the MVP switch, it was lame in their implementation, but like the OP I think it was switched up because they did not account for Elissa always winning it.

Amanda and her showmance McCrae are the only folks I actually like in the house.

6. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I read the disclaimer to see what would happen if the nominee was already on the block or HoH. Seems like second place goes up (or third I suppose if the top two vote getters are already up.)

I also wonder if this will be the end of MVP or if they will go back to Elissa winning every week?

This is far from the best season, but I'm in for the remainder. I'll be away for a week, so not sure if I'll try and catch up or just read here and elsewhere and decide if it's worth watching the missed episodes or not.

7. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Agree with all. I'm actually watching a little AD now that it's on TVGN, as I don't sub to Showtime. It might be the most boring thing on TV in my lifetime. Bunch of people sitting around talking about nothing.

As I've said I'm not usually a fan of the viewers deciding things in the game (the one exception was America's Player). What COULD happen this week is that if the right person is America's nonimee, it could change who gets voted off, because it's one less vote available. It depends on Judd and whether he goes with the power in the house or plays his own game.

8. 2004raptor

2004raptor time to emancipate

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    Glad to see Jeremy go. What a conceited pr&@$.

9. nmiller855

nmiller855 New Member

Sep 26, 2000
    East of...
    There will be a Big Brother marathon today starting at 11am cdt & lasting until 6pm cdt. I think it is a combination of episodes shown on regular TV then all the episodes of Big Brother After Dark.

10. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    On TVGN?

11. gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    I'm pretty sure the MVP switch was because of Elissa/Rachel. And I have no doubt Aaryn will be put up. Confirming to her how America feels about her. Amanda did warn her.

12. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Maybe she'll finally realize it...but I doubt it. She's too self absorbed, and probably doesn't care.

13. late for dinner

May 17, 2013
    Colorado...
    she's the smart one and the rest of us are the idiots. She doesn't care what idiots think.

14. nmiller855

nmiller855 New Member

Sep 26, 2000
    East of...
  15. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    I don't think it's that they aren't interesting, it's just that we haven't seen enough of them. Week 1-2 was all about the MC. Week 2-3 was about the racists. With both of those storylines falling away, I think we'll get to see and know more about the other players. Up until last night, I would see Judd and think, who is that? I think the only time we saw Jessie in the past few episodes was during the comps and just in passing.

16. MonsterJoe

MonsterJoe ♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪

Feb 19, 2003
    Central MA
    I laugh every time she talks about Karma, and them being Winners...and the other people losers.

They haven't won anything yet - unless you count her HoH...which was a disaster for her. THEY are the losers in this house. Too funny.

When I first saw her, she reminded me of an ex-gf....once her nature surfaced, she reminded me of her even more. Just a despicable person.

17. late for dinner

May 17, 2013
    Colorado...
    But great in bed??

18. MonsterJoe

MonsterJoe ♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪

Feb 19, 2003
    Central MA
    No good enough to stay with her. :)

19. late for dinner