1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Brother 7/13/2014

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeekiM, Jul 14, 2014.

1. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    I have mixed feelings about the plan to back door Devin. On the one hand, I can't stand him. On the other hand, he introduces a lot of drama and controversy in the game, and is therefore has massive entertainment value.

But in the end, I think he needs to leave... He just is not playing smart.

It was funny to watch Donny play innocent with Nicole. "Did you tell me not to tell anyone?"

Watching Caleb flirt with Amber, and sell her on his hero sacrifice was a little painful for me to watch ;-)

I love that Team America is going to start the rumor about Zach being Amanda' cousin. The edited videos comparing the two of them was priceless!

Good season so far.

2. andyw715

andyw715 Active Member

Jul 31, 2007
    I may have missed something during the Team America mission instructions. Could they have come up with a rumor about one of Team America. Seems it would be easier to spread that rumor if one of them was in on it.

In fact Frankie could have started the Ariana Grande rumor, and it would have been true!

3. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I find with BB that entertainment value always finds itself. I think there will be plenty going forward. So yeah, I'm all for Devin to leave. Under normal rules, I normally would rather take the risk and put Devin up on the block right now, but I agree, that the only way is to back door him and not give him two chances to go off the block.

4. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    success of the plan hinges on who wins the veto, and how the veto is played. that's why it's risky, and important to have a well thought plan b, just in case. ;)

5. dirtypacman

dirtypacman Coming and going

Feb 3, 2004
    MA
    Caleb is quickly becoming one of my least favorite contestants on the show. He is letting his 2nd head play the game for him and quite honestly looks like a total dumb ass the way he is falling over for Amber. She is not into you dude, don't continue to put yourself out there, of course with a crush comes blinders and he is having a hell of a hard time seeing/thinking straight when it comes to her. I really wish one of the guys would pull him aside and tell him he needs to get his emotions in check. Maybe Devin can snuggle up tight with him and get his mind back in the game.

Some of these players are about as interesting as a rock. I did like that Frankie got grilled about his sister and you know she (what ever her name is) knew that she was famous. Without some of the drama caused early by Devin I don't know if I would have any clue where these peoples loyalties stood.

Donny started playing the game and quickly gets a target, by one of his "allies" too it was quite funny.

6. verdugan

verdugan Active Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    I'm fine with him going, but also part of me wants him to stay for entertainment value. I'm ok with Caleb going too.

I think Devin would be a good person to take to the final 2. Who would vote for him?

7. verdugan

verdugan Active Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    I thought (putting it in spoilers since I don't remember if it aired in yesterday's episode or I read it in the spoilers thread)

they said Caleb was the plan B?

8. gweempose

gweempose Active Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I'm really enjoying the season so far. Devin has proven to be ridiculously entertaining. My wife and I are convinced that the producers purposely choose some players that fail the psychological profile test. :)

9. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Donny is more savvy then the 'aw shucks' routine indicates, plus he is good in comps. Think he actually needs to downplay the gameplay a bit its too early to emerge.

10. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    I thought it was pretty funny how Derrick said Caleb would fall on the sword for Amber and true to his plan Caleb just had to be led a little and followed along just as planned.

11. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Since they changed the rules after the awesome "Five Finger Plan" was played a few years ago, Devin could still get to play for Veto. What would be awesome is if his name got drawn and he wins POV and leaves the noms the same. And then wins HoH next week. That would be so entertaining on many levels.

12. andyw715

andyw715 Active Member

Jul 31, 2007
    It was actually "6 Finger Plan"...but nonetheless, brilliant.

13. stellie93

stellie93 Active Member

Feb 25, 2006
    Did he say she had a number one song? I don't know who she is, although the name is vaguely familiar, but I thought someone said she really wasn't all that big a star? So he thinks this will work against him because she has money? Why would anyone care?

When he started telling his partner where to put the puzzle pieces, I thought he should just worry about getting them to her and let her go, but he really did know what he was doing. All right, Donnie. It was stupid to tell the girls what Not-Jordan told him, though. I'm not sure he's as smart as he thinks he is.

Funny when they have one of those HoH comps that are 99% luck--and then someone who would never purposely win HoH is stuck with it. :D

What is the 6 finger plan? I figured the only problem is if he's picked to play for the veto--which you don't have that great a chance at when there are this many in the house--and he wins it.

14. nyc13

nyc13 New Member

May 31, 2013
    There didn't used to be any chance involved. The PoV players used to be the HoH, the nominees, and one selected by each of those (hence six). So if you nominated two allies (and had three allies left to pick), you completely controlled PoV.

15. Azlen

Azlen Active Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ

Here's a video that she did with Frankie (I think it's him anyway), it was a few years ago with her doing some singing and other impressions.

This is her most recent number one song. (At least I believe it went #1)

16. DavidTigerFan

DavidTigerFan No, not Detroit. TCF Club

Aug 18, 2001
    Charleston, SC
    I think Derrick is quickly becoming the puppetmaster. Dan would be proud.

17. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Lets not crown Derrick yet, he's just not as stupid as most of the rest.

Nicole crying like she just buried Donny...come on girl!

18. stellie93

stellie93 Active Member

Feb 25, 2006
    Thanks. She has a pretty good voice. I like Frankie better with dark hair.

19. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    There's also her previous single "The Way" from last year... A Top 10 Billboard single (and many have compared this single to Mariah Carey vocals).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sV0S8qWSy0&feature=kp

20. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Almost any teenager and young adult (early 20s) will know Ariana Grande... She has an acting presence on Disney Channel, and is on heavy rotation on the radio these days...

What's more interesting for me is that my daughter tells me that Frankie is a bit of a YouTube celebrity in his own right, and that she (my daughter) was shocked that no one in the house recognized him...