1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Brother 6.30.13

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Steveknj, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Jul 1, 2013 #1 of 31
    Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    No Big Bro thread yet?

Still not getting a great feel for the houseguests yet. I'm very confused by the women, as they all seem kind of the same. I think my favorite player so far is Nick. I think he's got his head in the game and will play smart. I figured Candace would be the target this week. She just seems too much of an outsider and that's who always goes first.

I don't know if it's possible, but Rachael's sister might be more annoying than Rachael. When you hear her talk, she makes Rachael seem like a Rhode's Scholar in comparison. She needs to go. She brings no value to the game.

2. Jul 1, 2013 #2 of 31
    DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    I think it's silly that she really thought keeping her identity a secret would be a good idea. She would have been much better off at the introductions saying that she was Rachel's sister but she's her own person and would like to be treated that way. They look so alike that it's going to come out sometime anyways.

And besides, they've gotta be so bored in there that at some point she'd want to talk about growing up and her siblings.

3. Jul 1, 2013 #3 of 31
    gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    I know it's too early to say but man is this cast annoying as hell! I feel the problem is too many of them are the same age/mentality.

I liked Rachel and agree her sis should have come clean from the start. And it would be cool if she's the MVP. I would have voted, but when I tried last night it was already closed.

4. Jul 1, 2013 #4 of 31
    Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Rachel made me quit watching BB for one season, so you can say I can't stand her.

I agree about this cast, and it's especially true of the women. There's like 4 or 5 brunettes that I cannot distinguish between. they all kind of look alike. And, as I said in the last episode thread, maybe I'm old, but you're right, this group al acts the same, like spoiled brats LOL.

I did get a kick out of the one girl in the DR talking about the other girl acting like a high school kid when talking about which guy to go after. But the thing is, I got that vibe from a lot of these people. Maybe that comes with bringing in such a younger group.

I'm still watching, it's only 2 episodes after all, but if the cast remains this annoying and Rachel's sis sticks around too long, I might not last the season.

5. Jul 1, 2013 #5 of 31
    Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    I am enjoying this cast so far, but I have been following the live feeds so all of the HG's are more fleshed out than on TV (obviously).

That being said watching Howard and Judd in the luxury comp was hilarious.

I like that the guys are calling themselves the Moving Company.

6. Jul 1, 2013 #6 of 31
    Frylock

Frylock Live Long and Tivo!

Feb 13, 2002
    Round Rock, TX
    Love the Moving Company name.

Also, did anyone notice Dave said he didn't come to win the money, but came for a Showmance? I really think he was serious.

7. Jul 1, 2013 #7 of 31
    bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area

Amanda is cracking me up with her DR sessions.

8. Jul 1, 2013 #8 of 31
    loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Elissa screwed up by not addressing her Rachel connection. She could have said that she gets told she looks like Rachel and that's why she got selected for the show, but she's not related. Or she could have come clean. Saying nothing is the worst choice.

9. Jul 1, 2013 #9 of 31
    IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Archeologist

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Jeremy looks like a weird amalgam of Ashton Kutcher, Taylor Lautner, and James Marsters.

10. gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    At first I thought they were going for a moving company's name like U-Haul or Ryder.

11. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Archeologist

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    I wouldn't be surprised if they started with that and BB told them to genericize it over advertising concerns.

12. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    No the clip of the show of them choosing the MC name is correct. UHaul/Ryder is not as good a name, although IF they did choose a trademarked name BB would bring them into DR.

Amanda in the flight attendant suit talking about the Have-not room was great..that was BB's doing tho.

13. stellie93

stellie93 Active Member

Feb 25, 2006
    When exactly is the voting for MVP open each week?

14. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    you're 100% on the money. plus, if you're sure it will be revealed eventually, it's best to get in front of it and own it from the start, so it's not a big deal later.

my favorite moment in the show, and amanda did a great job pulling it off.

so far i'm liking mccrae, helen, judd, amanda, howard, and nick. i'm not sure about jeremy, elissa, andy, candice, david, jessie or kaitlin.

the comments made by aaryn, ginamarie, and spencer have disappointed me, and have me wondering if they know they're online 24/7. or if they just don't care.

15. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    Concerning the comments, whether they know and don't care or don't realize and are speaking from the heart, my opinion of them remins the same. The sooner they are gone, especially Aaryn who is particularly nasty, the better.

16. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    If I didn't know any better, in some of the shots I'd say that Aaryn could be past houseguest Danielle's sister.

17. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Well they share the whining gene thats for sure.

18. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    I just posted a link about that very topic in the live feed thread. For those of you not following the live feeds, some of the girls are called out in a Huffington Post article for being bigots. I will post the link below in a spoiler if you want to know who it was and what was said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/01/big-brother-racist_n_3529903.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

19. verdugan

verdugan Active Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    I'm 100% with you on your spoiler. I was in shock and disappointed when I read about it.

20. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    i agree it doesn't matter, and you're right, they need to be gone asap. i was making the observation they're acting that way and seem to have no problem with it being broadcast over the live feeds. both amazing and disgusting at the same time.