1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big Bang Theory renewed through 2018-19 season

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DancnDude, Mar 20, 2017 at 3:32 PM.

1. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    It's official, there will be 2 more years of The Big Bang Theory. It's renewed for the 2017-18 and 2018-19 seasons.

I for one still enjoy the show and look forward to more fun episodes!

NJChris and Mikeguy like this.
  2. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    Me too. One of the very few sitcoms that I actually watch and look forward to (along with The Good Place).

3. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    'Big Bang Theory' Officially Renewed for Two Seasons as Mayim Bialik, Melissa Rauch Await Deals

Always nice to see the bigger names take a pay cut so the show can afford to give the other stars a raise. Wish that would happen more often in sports and other places.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017 at 4:17 PM
  4. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I'm still in.

Wow, yeah, Melissa and Mayim definitely are due for a big raise!

Mikeguy likes this.
  5. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Damn the man for making those poor kids take such a big pay cut! The injustice! The humanity. Leave Britney alone!

6. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Although I'm bummed that they're all not earning the same, in this ensemble show. But it's power and negotiations and getting away with what one can . . . .

7. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Woohoo!

8. midas

midas I heard that

Jun 1, 2000
    Montgomery,...
    I'm glad to see this renewed. Now I know this is Hollywood reporting, so I'm sure there some facts left out or plain wrong. If I were any of the three taking a pay cut (kudos to them BTW), wouldn't you wait until the other 2 actually signed before giving up the money? I could easily see one or both not signing. If they really want parity, I don't think they'll get it.

I also wonder how 'voluntary' these pay cuts really are. It already looks like both Galecki and Cuoco have been phoning it in this season, just my opinion of course.

I still have to give them credit. The fact that all 5 of the original cast are still there after 10 years is very unusual.

9. Saturn_V

Saturn_V Now with flavor!

Jun 1, 2007
    Oklahoma...
    That's only because Parsons chose to stay instead of breaking out and pursuing more lucrative roles. (which I don't think was a wrong decision) BBT is HUGE in syndication. It probably reruns at least a dozen times a week in my area. The Friends cast gets $20M annually in residuals for syndicated reruns. $20M each.

10. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    What could he possibly get that's more lucrative than the cash cow he's in now? These guys were lucky enough to catch lightning in a bottle, and it doesn't happen that often.

11. Mikeguy

Jul 28, 2005
    As well as, he has his Springs/part Summers off to pursue his other interests, including Broadway and films.

12. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    True enough. I think I saw that he was in a play sometime last year? And his Intel spots, which he probably would never have gotten without Sheldon.

Let's face it, these guys have an extremely cushy position. I would ride that pony for all its worth, for as long as possible.

13. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    It's weird how it's a completely different show from when it started. I still watch it but I like the old episodes better. There comes a time when I say that about every major hit sitcom.

14. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    Still the funniest show on TV, IMO. Glad to see it renewed.

I do hope they have an exit strategy though. It'd be nice to end the series on a definitive note.

15. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 TV Buff!

Nov 17, 2006
    Big raise? Yes
    On par with what the rest are making? No!
    The rest are making this much because they're the series. They've been there since day one. Not so with the other two.

sharkster likes this.
  16. Mikeguy

Jul 28, 2005
    That's certainly true, but these two actors and their roles have grown to be co-equals with the other roles and actors, and their additions sometimes are the best in the show, IMHO.

17. Hcour

Hcour Active Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Wowsa. That's really something about taking them paycuts for their fellow actors. Does anyone recall that ever happening on any other show?

18. bonscott87

bonscott87 Done.

Oct 3, 2000
    Honestly I wish they would just end it before it goes down the drain too much. There are still some good funny episodes but more "misses" as time goes on and I hate seeing a show run into the ground and taint the legacy.

ayedee likes this.
  19. ayedee

ayedee Member

Mar 25, 2004
    South Florida
    This is why I have already stopped watching it. The last show I watched was the final episode of the season before the current one.

20. Hcour

Hcour Active Member

Dec 24, 2007
    I stopped watching after Sheldon got laid. Everything after that seemed, er, anti-climatic.

stellie93 and ayedee like this.