1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Betrayal - Season 1 - Spoilers Welcome

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Beryl, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    Doubt this show will last long enough to warrant episode threads. It's a shame because I'm a huge fan of Stuart Townsend (XIII Series) and James Cromwell (more things than I can name).

I wanted to like it and didn't care for the pilot. It has a "Scandal" feel without the great Rhimes script (dialog in particular). A little too slow and the music selection needs to be revisited.

I'll give it another episode.

2. Flop

Flop Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Oklahoma
    Does the wife (Hannah Ware) not have much of an accent, or is she just doing a bad job of trying to talk with an American accent? You could hear the Brit in her in some things she said, but her speech cadence seemed off/stilted like she was trying to hide the accent.

3. tlc

tlc Member

May 29, 2002
    Ugh. Dropped. No hook, no one to care about, and the dialog when Jack was expressing his love was just cringe inducing.

4. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    I dunno why but I seem to enjoy these ABC prime time soap operas. I guess this one it helps that the lead is showing lots of skin in every episode. That said, I hope we see it progress soon beyond this silly little infatuation story between Jack and Sara.

I've noticed her speech goes really weird sometimes. She'll speak a few phrases in one scene and sound like she's going deaf and then in the next scene she is fine.

5. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    I gave it .25 of a second episode and I'm out. I was thinking that the infidelity would be based on something that would make me sympathetic to the betrayal like an evil or battering spouse. The bored, want to be appreciated, or attracted to someone new excuses don't do it for me. Also, the subplots weren't moving as quickly as I'd like.