1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beta Testers for new Roamio features

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by bradleys, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Sep 5, 2013 #1 of 28
    bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007
  2. Sep 5, 2013 #2 of 28
    bradleys

Oct 31, 2007
    From Margret

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• tivo.JPG
      tivo.JPG
      File size:
      15.9 KB
      Views:
  3. Sep 5, 2013 #3 of 28
    bayern_fan

bayern_fan New Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Where does it indicate beta testing for new Roamio services? I believe I have already signed up for Field Testing using this link.

4. Sep 5, 2013 #4 of 28
    bradleys

Oct 31, 2007
    Added her post from Twitter... Looking at the link, it looks like you will need to add your new Roamio as a specific test device if you want to be considered for the program.

5. Sep 5, 2013 #5 of 28
    TC25D

TC25D New Member

Aug 21, 2013
    I doesn't. The OP is incorrect. This is the standard Tivo 'beta testers' sign up site and there's no guarantee you'll be selected.

6. Sep 5, 2013 #6 of 28
    bradleys

Oct 31, 2007
    The OP is not incorrect.

I do not believe I ever said you would be automatically included in the beta program - I just reported that TiVo is advertising for Roamio owners to register for the program.

Even if you have already signed up for the program, you still need to add your Roamio as a test platform - if you do not, you will not be considered for the program to "Try out new Roamio features"

7. Sep 5, 2013 #7 of 28
    jmpage2

jmpage2 Active Member

Jan 20, 2004
    I upgraded the HD on mine other wise I would be all over this :)

8. Sep 5, 2013 #8 of 28
    TC25D

TC25D New Member

Aug 21, 2013
    I didn't say you did. I added information about the beta pgm for newbies.

9. Sep 5, 2013 #9 of 28
    bradleys

Oct 31, 2007
    Not to be a pain - I usually shy away from it. But you said I was incorrect...

In what form was I incorrect?

I stated:

• TiVo is looking for Beta Testers for the Roamio line
    • I added TiVo Margrets Tweet indicating that they wanted beta testers for the Roamio line with the link to apply.
    • I added a quote from the link indicating that you had to specifically add a device for it to be included.

I was not, and am not incorrect - if you want your unmodified device to be considered for inclusion in the beta program, you will need to register that specific deivice.

10. TC25D

TC25D New Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Yeah, I can tell you're really shy about this. :rolleyes:

You were and are incorrect. The first two items in your list are reading into what Margret tweeted.

While Margret's tweet was to Roamio owners, there's nothing in her tweet that indicates the beta software is only for the Roamio owners.

11. anthonymoody

anthonymoody New Member

Apr 29, 2008
    Thanks! Signed up and registered my Roamio..

12. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I removed all my stuff last year. I didn't have the time to deal with it at the time and I needed to spend close to an hour a day testing the features they wanted me too. I'm not going to sign up for this with the Roamio Pro. Especially since I only have one Roamio Pro. if there are issues with the beta i could be screwed with only one box. When I was testing before I used my secondary and Tertiary TiVos for testing.

I'll just wait for the new features to arrive in a year or two.

13. berg0449

berg0449 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    It never hurts to sign up. If they choose you for beta testing, you then have the choice to agree or not for the beta test. At that link you are just putting your system in the hat to be picked.

14. lessd

lessd Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    If you have a self installed hard drive upgrade in the past TiVo would not consider you for any beta program, has this changed for the Roamio ?

15. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Active Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    I don't know if I will apply either. If I had two Pros, I would consider signing one up, but with the Pro replacing my Elite as the primary box I think I will pass this time.

16. Devx

Devx New Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    I didn't apply either. At this point, I need my Tivo's to perform, Pro, Elite, HD, all of them. A beta test that introduced reboots or other erratic behavior would not be acceptable for me. It could be fun/exciting/interesting for those that have the time or hardware to spare. I wouldn't be able to do the program justice however.

17. zundian

zundian New Member

Mar 5, 2008
    I've been in a number of trials with my upgraded TiVoHD and Premiere, I've never heard anything about this.

18. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    This is something they started in the last few years. Since you have a TiVo HD I assume you haven't been in a beta for a while, since all recent betas have been for Premiere units.

19. zundian

zundian New Member

Mar 5, 2008
    I was in the beta for the Mini... last year, I think*?

I actually had to drop out because we only had one TV at that point** :)

*Back when it was still the "Preview" Wow, that was almost three years ago?
    **Both the Premiere and the TiVoHD were both hooked up to it, though.

20. Rkkeller

Rkkeller Active Member

May 13, 2004
    I think everyone that already owns a Roamio is kinda a beta tester. :D