1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way to sell Tivo Premiere quickly

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by jcthorne, Aug 26, 2013.

1. jcthorne

jcthorne Active Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Houston
    I purchased a new Roamio and its working well so its time for one of my Premiere 2 tuner units with 2TB drive and lifetime service to find a new home.

How much should I ask for it and where is the best place to sell it? Of course if anyone here wants it, shoot me a pm and we could arrange something. Not looking for the last dime out of it. Just something fair and easy.

2. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Active Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    I usually check ebay's completed listings for price.

In my area craigslist never seems to sell them so ebay would really be the only way.

3. cptlapcat

cptlapcat New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Pasadena, Ca
    I am in the same boat as jcthorne. Is there any place to list a sale on the Community Forum? I have seen people mention that they are listing a Tivo for sale but I can never find the thread.

4. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Near...
    There will be a growing number of people "in the same boat". So expect the going price to start decreasing! Don't hesitate too long!

5. cptlapcat

cptlapcat New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Pasadena, Ca
  6. barrett14

barrett14 New Member

Aug 20, 2013
    I used this new app on iTunes called "Sold"... They offered me $214 for my Series 3 with lifetime with wireless adapter. They have been selling on Ebay from anywhere between $250-$325. I am thinking about accepting the $214 offer because after shipping and ebay fees, it wouldn't be that much more.

Sold actually sends you a prepaid box to put your stuff in. You send it back, and they pay you.

7. jcthorne

jcthorne Active Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Houston
    Do they have a web site?

8. steinbch

steinbch Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Interesting. I had never heard of them before. Here's a Business Insider article about them from a couple months ago. Will see what they offer for my TiVo Premiere with Lifetime when I get home. Not sure how it could compare to eBay though since they actually use eBay to sell your product.

9. steinbch

steinbch Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Just used Sold and was offered a very reasonable price for my Premiere with lifetime and slide remote. Only problem is that they don't pay you unless they find a buyer. I would love tlc sell for the price they gave me, but I have a suspicion that it's a little too high for them to turn a profit on.

10. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    You didn't provide a link..

(Wonder if you guys are just shilling for Sold???)

11. steinbch

steinbch Member

Nov 23, 2007
    I'm not sure that I'd use my 6 year old account to start spamming the boards for some fake company...

http://www.businessinsider.com/new-app-sold-helps-you-sell-old-stuff-2013-4

Here's their website, too.
    http://usesold.com/

I'm still skeptical based on what I said earlier, but we shall see. Not sure what happens if they don't find a buyer at the price they locked in with me.

12. I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE New Member

Oct 13, 2009
    "Middle of...
    I do not find "sold" in my App Store.

13. steinbch

steinbch Member

Nov 23, 2007
    Just as a little update. They've listed my 320GB Premiere with Lifetime and the Slide Remote for an unusually high $500 for the set. No way that they'll be able to get that amount through eBay. Figured it to be too good to be true.

14. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    The best way to sell it quickly is to sell it at a lowprice. And avoid ebay. Since if you sell it for $500 on ebay, you wll incur around $50 in fees. So you net around $450 before any Paypal fees are deducted. So a low price on here, another forum or Craigslist is the quickest way to sell it fast.

15. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    In big cities Craigslist may work, and I don't know how many people will purchase directly off this forum as they would have little recourse if something is not correct, E-Bay I still see as the best place to sell. but now you have about 13% cost between E-Bay and PayPal fees then you have packing and shipping. I guess you would still have S&H using this forum, and with Craigslist you have to find a common meeting place, nothing is that easy.

16. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I've sold quite a few TiVos directly on this site. Although people may be more trusting of me since I'm a moderator with a 13 year old account and 19K posts. :)

17. MirclMax

MirclMax Ancient Member

Jul 12, 2000
    Dan,

Then you should set up a proxy service ... Seller ships you the TiVo to be sold, you verify that it works .. List it to be sold with the Dan203 stamp of approval .. you take a small commission for your efforts and send the rest back to the original seller.

Step 5. Profit!

18. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Active Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Someone on eBay wants my Premiere's TSN to confirm Lifetime service with Tivo; is that a safe thing to do?

19. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    I have wondered about that, if your already a dishonest seller you will give out a TSN that has Lifetime, than ship a TiVo without Lifetime, so I don't know what the buyer gains.