1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best # to call for Cox cable card pairing

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by moyekj, Oct 22, 2013.

1. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    I have a Cable Card that needs pairing (Cox is my cable company). Calling the number that shows up on CableCard screen so far has not yielded a competent CSR that knows what to do. In the past I've had mixed luck and when I finally get the right person I'm off the phone under 5 minutes later. So my question is what is the right number to call to get a competent tech for Cox cable cards?

The last CSR kept saying unplug TA and asked a whole bunch of other questions and never did take down the 3 cable card numbers - in this case just a data ID update is needed. i.e. The guy had no clue what he was doing and wanted to send out a technician which I said is not necessary.

My card is activated but just not validated, so I can tune everything except a couple of CCI protected channels I sometimes record from, so trying to get it validated for those.

Thanks.

2. Loach

Loach New Member

Jan 11, 2013
    Omaha, NE
  3. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    No I didn't, but that looks like a good one to try, thanks.

4. Loach

Loach New Member

Jan 11, 2013
    Omaha, NE
    Let us know how it turns out. I'll probably be activating another Tivo with Cox in the next couple months. I didn't use the Tivo-recommended line last time but I was successful getting paired on my 2nd spin of CSR roulette.

5. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Wow. Called the above number and got a representative called Lisa and we were done and off the phone in 3 minutes total. Thank you for posting that number and I'll certainly be saving it for future reference.

6. Loach

Loach New Member

Jan 11, 2013
    Omaha, NE