1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best software to download tivo roamio files to osx mountain lion

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by kturn215, Apr 27, 2014.

1. kturn215

kturn215 New Member

Apr 27, 2014
    What is the best software to download tivo roamio files to osx mountain lion? Also, what are some good softwares to transcode the standard definition files to hd?

2. bankshot

bankshot New Member

May 28, 2009
    To transfer shows from TiVo to the Mac, I prefer cTiVo.

As for transcoding SD to HD, I'm not sure why you'd do that. It would take up additional space with no increase in quality. That said, cTiVo does have some options to automatically transcode as it downloads shows. I don't use them because I just save shows as Decrypted TiVo Shows which allows me to send them back to the TiVo as-is using pyTiVo.

Another option for transcoding might be HandBrake.

3. BinaryWeapon

BinaryWeapon New Member

Mar 2, 2011
    KMTTG is fantastic. It archives from the Tivo, and can encode at the same time.

4. kturn215

kturn215 New Member

Apr 27, 2014
    thanks! Which file splitter do you recommend for clips and do you know whats the name of that software thats supposed to automatically remove commercials for you?

5. jmpage2

jmpage2 New Member

Jan 20, 2004
  6. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    kmttg by far. It's Java, so has slightly hokey lowest common denominator UI... But it mostly "just works", and the author is fairly responsive. (I'm only slightly disparaging that since I have one slightly edge case exception that I and others can reproduce, but the author can't, so apparently hasn't put in a workaround.)