1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Software to burn Tivo videos to Blu Ray

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by alleybj, Jan 8, 2014.

1. alleybj

alleybj Member

Dec 6, 2000
    atlanta, ga usa
    Can someone recommend a good one that allows me to preserve subtitles? I don't mind paying; I have the software to take off the Tivo wrapper. Also, I've used Cybermedia but I'm getting little micro stutters. thanks

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    I use VideoReDo TVSuite for windows to burn to DVDs. Not sure if it works with BR.

3. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Near...
    VideoReDo can't generate BluRay dvd's. It will recode an HD video to the SD needed for "ordinary" dvd's as part of its dvd creation process.

Last I heard the free software of choice for generating BR is AVCHD but I understand it has somewhat of a learning curve. I've never used it.

4. christheman

christheman New Member

Feb 20, 2013
    Another possibility might be Adobe Encore, which I have but never use. Since I only make DVDs, once I discovered VideoRedo with its simple to use GUI batch processor, I never looked back.

Adobe Encore has the capability to create DVD and also Blu-Ray directories. I tested it once to see what the BR directory structure looked like and can say it at least works. I did make some Blu-Rays but decided to stick with DVDs due to simple matters of compatibility and economics.

I can't say much about the present version though, as mine is an older release. It was some serious bloatware with all the add-ons needed to make it work. I would expect to see subtitles from Adobe though.

P.S. Even then so, you would need to use additional software capable of decrypting the Tivo file, as Adobe doesn't condone that.