1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Premiere pricing/lifetime around?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by hybucket, Apr 16, 2012.

1. hybucket

hybucket Member

Nov 26, 2004
    Found some older postings on this but nothing current. I have a TiVO HD and think it's time to go to Premiere (too much rebooting...). I have a lifetime on the HD. Anyone have any luck transferring the Lifetime to the new Premiere? The site lists $399 for lifetime..that seems high. That's about 2/12 years at their 12.95 level. Do they bargain?
  2. sharkster

sharkster Active Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    In my experience, no, they don't bargain. From what I also understand, you cannot transfer your Lifetime to a new box. Sucks, I know. I just replaced my two old Series 2 with two Premieres and I had to think about it for a week or so before I went ahead and got Lifetime on both. I asked about any discounts or multi-purchase discounts (since I was going to add Lifetime to both new boxes) to no avail.

They didn't reduce the monthly to $12.95 until shortly after I purchased mine so the numbers I had were a little better, in terms of how long it takes to pay for itself. ha! way to rationalize, eh?
  3. MeInDallas

MeInDallas New Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Dallas, Texas
    Sell that Tivo HD on Ebay and make some money toward lifetime on a new box. HD's with lifetime on them are going for between $300 to $375 on Ebay these days.
  4. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    I would think the OP would need to fix the rebooting issue first to get those figures.
  5. MeInDallas

MeInDallas New Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Dallas, Texas
    Not always true. I've seen some with problems go for around that same amount, maybe a little less. The lifetime is what sells them.
  6. mattack

mattack New Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Your rebooting is LIKELY just the hard drive.. Get a new hard drive, copy your existing stuff to it (or not) with existing relatively easy to use tools... and most likely, your rebooting problems will be fixed.