1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ben and Kate - pilot

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DavidJL, Oct 10, 2012.

1. DavidJL

DavidJL Member

Feb 20, 2006
    Dana Point, CA
    Just saw the pilot as I'm trying to give all the new shows at least one watch. I'm not sure why I went in with such low expectations. I don't remember a bad review or anything that would lead me to not expecting it to be good. Maybe a subliminal John and Kate plus eight connection.

Anyway I loved it. Kate has a very adorkable quality like The New Girl. Ben gives me a young Steve Carell feel. The little girl was great as well. I didn't see any threads on it so I thought maybe others overlooked it like I almost did. The first two episodes are still on free Hulu. I haven't watched the 2nd yet, but the pilot is definitely worth a look.

2. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Its like the sitcom version of 'Our Idiot Brother' but yes, B&K is good fun. Dakota Johnson has the actors genes literally but was surprised now natural she was. Hope future episodes wanders from 'brother effs it up but comes around at the end' premise.

3. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    I caught some of it for the first time live last night and I didn't think it was very good. Mostly because of the actor playing Ben - didn't like him at all.

4. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    That was my reason also for deleting sp

5. TiVangelist

TiVangelist New Member

Aug 28, 2000
    Boston, MA
    We liked it enough to watch a couple more times. Kinda charming.

6. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Watched the first two episodes a couple days ago. It was OK, but not stellar. May continue watching if we're caught up on everything else, but I don't know how often that will happen.

7. BrandonRe

BrandonRe Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 14, 2006
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It felt to me like he was trying really hard to be Will Ferrel. And the English girl was trying to be "Nellie" from the office.

8. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    Not bad, not great. Good filler show when we are too tired to watch a 1hr show.

Had no idea Kate was Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith's daughter until Ment mentioned acting being in her genes. Now I can't help but hear Melanie in her voice now and then. Kinda like hearing Tom Hanks in Colin when he says certain things.

9. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Same here. I couldn't even make it through the pilot episode.