1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being Human - 1/14/2013

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Hoffer, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Hoffer

Hoffer Captain Chaos

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    New season of the show started last night. Not sure if this is season 3 or 4.

I thought it was a pretty good episode. They left all 3 of the main characters in pretty bad situations at the end of last season. Kinda liked how they handled them all.

So, the original werewolf character to the show is now no longer a werewolf, but his girlfriend still is. I can only assume that he'll get re-werewolfed sooner than later. Also liked the witch in the story. Curious to see what she does with the dead werewolf buried in the ground.

Sally, the ghost, is back in her real body?!?! That was something I wasn't expecting. I think this could be very cool. She's more or less a zombie now that isn't worm infested.

Aiden's story was the most confusing. Like who was the dude that dug him up and how did he know he was even buried there? I guess there aren't many vampires left in the world either with whatever virus(or whatever) is being spread around humans.

I really like this version of Being Human and look forward to seeing what they do this season.

2. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    It would really suck to get re-wolved after getting un-wolved.

I wonder if Sally's two friends came back in Sally's body or if they're in their dead bodies in their coffins.

3. Hoffer

Hoffer Captain Chaos

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    They seemed to say that they might be in their bodies in their coffins. If true, I'd think they would be true zombies since they weren't wrapped in the heart suave. The witch lady said being wrapped in that is what would return her body to a non-decayed form.

4. robojerk

robojerk Active Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    Only judging from the pilot, the vampire virus plot seems stupid . Maybe it was the only way they dig up Aiden and not have him have to face momma, kill them all off. I kind of wish Aiden would only have to deal with being a vampire trying (failing and succeeding) to live a normal for awhile.

The other plots seem interesting.

5. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    They did a one episode vampire virus story on Forever Knight. Boy, was that a long time ago. The resolution of that was very clever.

6. Hoffer

Hoffer Captain Chaos

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I'm not going to put down the vampire virus until I see where it leads. I was confused by what the heck was going on. I can only assume things will be revealed over the coming weeks.

7. robojerk

robojerk Active Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    Like I said, from the premiere the virus seems silly. They may take the plot to interesting places in the future, we know little to nothing of it now, other than it seems weird for vampires to survive for centuries, only to suddenly be faced with extinction from some new virus that only affects them. (I kind of thought they were immune to most diseases, since they were already dead) I can only suspect someone made the virus to kill them off and to leave us humans in the dark about it. I just think the virus seemed a little silly, but maybe as we learn more it will get more interesting.

8. trnsfrguy

trnsfrguy Advanced !

Apr 28, 2005
    Bronx, NY
    That dude was part of "The Elders". They were Amish like group of vampires that were in charge.

9. Hoffer

Hoffer Captain Chaos

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    The guy that showed up and killed the digger upper guy was the Amish dude. I don't think the guy that dug him up and was draining him was Amish. I suppose maybe he was working for the Amish vampires. Maybe they knew where Aiden was buried and told him to go dig him up.

10. trnsfrguy

trnsfrguy Advanced !

Apr 28, 2005
    Bronx, NY
    You're right. I misread your post.:eek:

11. wprager

wprager Active Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    Is this the BBC production or the US one?

12. Hoffer

Hoffer Captain Chaos

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
  13. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    So glad to see the new season. I love these characters. Methinks he's gettin' rewolfed. I can't see any way out of that.

I was a bit confused with the Aiden part of the storyline too. But I can most likely attribute that to my massively failing memory. By the time most shows, especially cable shows, come back I've forgotten more than I can remember.

So, is Sally going to be a real live girl now - with a wardrobe and everything? I don't see that lasting long.

14. robojerk

robojerk Active Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    RE the UK version and Sally, AKA Annie
    I only watched Season 1 of the UK version, and Sally Annie seemed to be able to, at will, make herself seem like a normal living person to normal folk. I assumed Sally's powers in the US would eventually come to that level.
    If anyone knows if the UK version went the Sally Annie ghoul route please PM me.

15. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I hear ya. Magnified by the fact that sometimes I can't remember what happened in BH-US and what happened in BH-UK.

16. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Aw, man. You guys just made me remember the last season of the UK version.

17. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I've never watched the UK version, so I'm a US version virgin :D

18. trnsfrguy

trnsfrguy Advanced !

Apr 28, 2005
    Bronx, NY
    If I remember correctly, there was no talk of any vampire disease last season. I think it's an explanation of why "mother" and the rest of her group are not on the show.

19. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    I'm remembering a blood contamination that was bad for vampires showing up in the last couple of episodes.

Unless I'm remembering it from a different TV show.

phox