1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being Erica season premier on Soapnet February 19th

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Enrique, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Enrique

Enrique Active Member

May 15, 2006
    Just little hint, if you can get Soapnet please watch Being Erica(premiers on Soapnet February 19th).

http://soapnet.go.com/soapnet/show/path-showname_beingerica

I have been downloading it off of Bittorrent(it's airing in Canada right now) IMO, it's the best thing to come out of Canada sense Corner Gas.

So, please watch so we can get more seasons.:)

2. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Sorry...gonna have to take a pass on this one.

3. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Obviously the counselor is really The Phantom Stranger. Or Sam Beckett. :)

4. Enrique

Enrique Active Member

May 15, 2006
    I think that's what some peoples reaction might be when seeing it's on Soapnet(Thinking it's a Soap opera), That's why I wish it was on a different network(Not saying that's what your doing.).

5. Jul 1, 2013 #5 of 13
    StacieH

StacieH betativowho??

Jan 2, 2009
    Between San...
    BUMP

I stumbled on "Being Erica" on Hulu, and love it! I have always liked this genre ("Quantum Leap" and "Early Edition" being faves of mine), and I like how it is actually set in Canada, instead of set in the US but shot in Canada.

Unfortunately, it is not available on Hulu Plus. In fact, nothing I watch on Hulu is, so I'm going to cancel our subscription. But it's a fun show to watch while puttering in my home office.

6. Jul 1, 2013 #6 of 13
    moose53

moose53 New Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Me, too. I found "Being Erica" on Hulu and I, too, like it.

It's short ... so it doesn't take a lot of time commitment to watch it.

It's thought-provoking ... there are a few things I wish I could get a re-do on :GRIN:

I've been wondering what the point to Hulu Plus is. I've been on a suspended subscription for the last three months. All of network TV is just about over 'til the Fall. Seems like everything else Hulu Plus has is either old stuff from the 50s-80s or from BBC.

I get all the shows that I want to watch through a 1Channel script from PlayOn. Between an over-the-air antenna for network stuff, a paid Netflix subscription, a paid PlayOn subscription (with all the available scripts out there ... especially 1Channel) and the free Hulu, there doesn't seem to be any point to paying for Hulu Plus.

My Hulu Plus subscription is supposed to start up again on the 3rd, I think I'm going to cancel it.

I can watch 'regular' Hulu through my PlayOn subscription ... so I can still watch "Being Erica" on my TV.

Barb

7. Jul 1, 2013 #7 of 13
    StacieH

StacieH betativowho??

Jan 2, 2009
    Between San...
    Yeah, we got rid of satellite several years ago. If it's not on OTA, I watch either Netflix or Hulu. Occasionally I'll buy something off of Amazon.

I watch the following on Hulu, and NONE are available on Hulu Plus:

Being Erica
    House Hunters (US and international)
    Pretty Little Liars
    Army Wives
    And possibly a few others...

If they were available on Hulu Plus, I wouldn't mind paying because I could watch on my iPad, like I do with Netflix. But I got tired of paying for a service when I couldn't watch what I want, where I want.

8. Jul 1, 2013 #8 of 13
    TampaThunder

TampaThunder Active Member

Apr 8, 2003
    Tampa, FL
    You're not the first person to say that the best thing to come out of Canada is gas, corner or otherwise. :)

My wife loved this show but I just couldn't get into it so gave up halfway through the first season. I might have to give it another shot. And thanks for the reminder about Corner Gas. It's about time I marathoned that classic.

9. Jul 2, 2013 #9 of 13
    Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    Thanks for the tip! I checked out the first episode on Hulu and really enjoyed it. Although that one is mainly a ripoff of the movie Peggy Sue Got Married with Kathleen Turner and Nicholas Cage. I'll be interested to see where it goes.

I also like the shoutout for Corner Gas. I wish it was still going.

10. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I love how "ripoff" has come to mean "shares a story element with."

11. gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    I thought this was going to be a reality with Susan Lucci.

12. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    In this case it shares a bed with Peggy Sue. Mature woman has frustrating life, is fixated that the problems started at the high school prom, wakes up/magically is taken back to the days before the prom, tries to seduce the boy she didn't during high school, he's repulsed by her aggressiveness, talks to adults as if she's also an adult, etc.

I know there are only 7 stories in fiction and I wasn't trying to come down too hard on Erica but the similarities in this episode were too much to ignore.

The overall plot of the series also reminds me of another great series, The Booth at the End. From Wikipedia:

The series follows the storylines of several characters who visit a mysterious figure in the corner booth at the back of a diner. Each character has heard rumors that this Man is able to grant desires, provided that a task is performed. Upon receiving the task, the Man's only other demand is that the character continually update him on his or her progress. Once the task is complete, the character's desire is always fulfilled.

13. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I would totally watch that.