1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beauty and the Geek: Season 2 discussion

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by KRS, Jan 26, 2006.

1. KRS

KRS Mmm...invisible cola

Jan 30, 2002
    Franklin, MA
    I got caught up on this season last night. The trivia questions are (for the most part) so easy - making the women's answers all the more entertaining. I missed the Danielle Steele question, but other than that, I think I could have answered every question that came up in the first two episodes (I even got the Gwen Stefani/Lamb* one).

"What's the capital of Iraq?"
    "Could you spell Iraq?"

"My shoes are made of recycled cow skin."

"Don't throw diapers into the backyard. That's land pollution."

"I'm going to take a power nap. All this reading is making me tired." >puts down magazine<
    "But we have only been studying for five minutes."

What's up with Unibrow's bizarre facial hair sculpting? Is he taking pointers from that bald guy from Average Joe? Yeah, ladies love flamed out beards.

I couldn't believe that Perfect Pitch/Not William Hung did a Rubik's Cube solo during the karaoke performance.

I wonder what happened to the host from season one. Did he and Kelso have a falling out?

*What is the deal with having two questions about Gwen Stefani? Will the next episode ask "What famous singer is married to the former lead singer for Bush?"

2. mitkraft

mitkraft New Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Texas
    Yes, but all was well when the blond with the obvious man-mades did the little strip dance! That shot of her taking off the shirt she had over her tank top was Instant-replayed many many times in my house. Those things were huge! And it must have been really cold in there.

I don't know if this crowed compares to the first one, but I'm starting to think there might be some good entertainment in here. These guys do seem to be more nerds (read, smart) than the other crew who just seemed like a bunch of social misfits. More of these guys seem to have the traditional "smartness" of nerds.

3. Lee L

Lee L Got Basenji?

Oct 1, 2003
    Morrisville, NC
    That guy with the rubiks cube is unbelievable. I never got more than like 2 sides when I was a kid. To think he can look at the thing and then remember how the colors are arranged and do it without looking is just hard to wrap my mind around.

4. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    I'm sure that's why the guy won. It's such an unbelievable/entertaining talent and adding that to his singing was perfect. Use your skills to the best of your ability, and he used his talent to win over the crowd in his performance....both smart and entertaining.

5. Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...
    Rubik's cube dude/Tyson was on Leno the other nite with his apprentice, the guy he mentored to get the new world's record.

6. hanumang

hanumang Active Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Pittsburgh, PA
    It's fallen off a little this season, but I think this is still the most entertaining reality show on TV.

As mitkraft mentions, the dudes are no way near as oddball, but I think the woman actually make up for that drop-off, somewhat, in that they're gettin' pretty catty. The Tristan vs. Cher storyline should be good...

7. Lee L

Lee L Got Basenji?

Oct 1, 2003
    Morrisville, NC
    I'm sorry, the questions are just too easy. I have not missed one yet.

Plus, soem of the things that the girls are supposed to be good at, like desing is just worg. Not every woman innately knows all about design and how to put together a room, otherwise, only men would need to hire decorators.

Now, the fact that some of thsoe girls did not realize that the monito needed to be connected to the computer is pretty hilarious.

8. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    Geez i could do the cube in less than 2 minutes but not as fast as that guy.

Tell me, am i that sheltered to not know there are people truly like these girls in the world? Their lack of even common sensical knowledge is disgraceful. Tell me these are wanna be actors please.

I can't believe someone could make it thru live like this. Renting an apt, buying a house/car etc would be sheerly impossible for them, much less balancing a check book.

9. KRS

KRS Mmm...invisible cola

Jan 30, 2002
    Franklin, MA
    Watching Perfect Pitch/Not William Hung inspired me to get a Rubik's cube out of the basement and re-learn how to solve it. When I was a kid, I could solve the whole thing, but I have long since forgotten how to do the last face of the cube. I had to consult my Simple Solution book to do it, and I am even more impressed by Perfect Pitch/Not William Hung's behind the back performance.

Anyone else have one of these timely cubes?
    [​IMG]

10. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    I've only seen the first 2 now. Always enjoyable. If anyone finds pix of Sarah, let me know!

11. KRS

KRS Mmm...invisible cola

Jan 30, 2002
    Franklin, MA
    I watched the episode where the guys get makeovers last night. Now, I can understand a woman wanting her guy to maintain two eyebrows and be clean shaven, but I think they went a little overboard with the waxing. They made most of the guys wax their chests, and some of them were really hairy! OUCH!

I was disappointed by the elimination round questions. It is questionable enough that each team gets different questions, but this time it seemed like the questions were too leading.

What's the term for pictures associated with computer files? Four letters....sounds like Nikon...
    During a date, when do you make arrangements for the next date so that you don't have to use a phone?

Pretty stupid.

And what's up with that one guy's purse ("murse" as he called it)? It looked pretty large - what all does he have in there?

12. newsposter

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    manbags are not cool

about the makeover, my wife says they looked awful! I dont know mens fashion but I know i wouldn't wear that crap either. Chris must go..must...period. Maybe someone can figure out a strategy but now they got rid of my 2 fav girls and keeping someone so annoying his partner hates him, is terrible

But he did have the best line of the night when he forgot the camera was on and called his girl stupid. Girls dont ever ever forget about that. When/if it comes time, he's dead meat. They better not switch teams anymore.

I can see whey she wouldn't get icon, i just think that RAM was almost an acceptable answer as they didn't say permanent or temporary storage. I forget the exact wording.

Monkeys with lasers just cracks me up everytime i hear it. I visualize the guy in that superbowl commercial with monkeys.

oh and why wax the chest? they were covered up anyway!!! or did they want their shirts fully unbuttoned.

13. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    Chris and Tristan are gone, no?

14. newsposter

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    he's so burned in my head I thought he was still there..oops. Can you tell i dont pay much attn?

15. Cue-Ball

Cue-Ball New Member

Oct 8, 2002
    Kirkland, WA
    I got sorta caught up on this show on Sunday during the marathon. Haven't seen the grooming episode yet, but the previous episodes were funny as hell. This is the first time I've laughed out loud at a reality show in a long, long time.

Now, to send out my care package to the troops in Afghanistan, Iraq (that's I-R-A-Q).

16. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Maybe everyone was honest with Chris and Tristin and the producers cut it out but what is wrong with telling Tristin "we like you and can't stand your partner. We are sorry you got switched on but he has got to go."?

17. daperlman

daperlman check the rhime

Jan 25, 2002
    Southeast
    That girl Cheryl is hot, and there is something about Amanda that I find attractive also, but the rest are nothing to write home about.

Wes is the dude in geek's clothing this time around. That speed dating was pretty funny. That Shawn guy finally stopped talking like beavis.

18. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Cher bugs me. I thought Tristin was the hottest one because at least she had a little meat on her.

19. daperlman

daperlman check the rhime

Jan 25, 2002
    Southeast
    Don't you talk about Cheryl that way! :D

She is one of those girls you date even though all your friends hate her cause she is such a b***ch.

Tristin really doesn't stand out in terms of looks, she is rather unimpressive IMHO.

20. newsposter

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    coincidence that more geeks are on this thread?????

where are more beauties?