1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BBC America cancels 'Copper' after two seasons

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Malcontent, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Malcontent

Malcontent Aka: Smiling Bob

Sep 4, 2004
  2. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Awww Man! I haven't caught up yet. I hope it stays on VoD.
  3. Craigbob

Craigbob New Member

Dec 1, 2006
    Land of...
    Well I have the whole 2nd season to watch. Should I invest the time?
  4. dianebrat

dianebrat Uncontrolled Force

Jul 6, 2002
    It's a very good show, I would.
    It has no over-reaching arc that will die after cancellation.
  5. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Aw, man. I liked this show. It'll probably be replaced by a Five Points, NY era reality show.
  6. philw1776

philw1776 Active Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Seacoast NH
    I liked the show and the characters too but not enough such that I still have 6 episodes unwatched on my TiVo.
    Should I just delete or is the watching worth it?
  7. JLucPicard

JLucPicard New Member TCF Club

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    This is one that for me, I liked it well enough, but I record/watch so much other stuff as well that I didn't do a very good job keeping current. I, too, had six to eight eps on my DVR and wasn't sure if there may have been some that fell victim to space needed. I wound up deleting them unwatched.
  8. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    It is (was) a good show. The last episode is a fitting conclusion, as it explores the connection between Corcoran, Freeman and Morehouse. It didn't end with a huge cliffhanger, just enough "hooks" for a 3rd season (which now won't happen)
  9. eddyj

eddyj SeƱor Member TCF Club

Jun 20, 2002
    South Florida
    I have most of the second season recorded but unwatched. I'll probably keep it and watch it sometime later.
  10. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    i wonder if that's why there were 13 eps this season? there were 10 last season, and i looked it up thinking it was running longer this year.

oh well, it was a good run. on to ripper street...
  11. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    The overall concept of the final episode didn't make much sense to me but at least there was no huge cliffhanger. This was a good series. I'll miss it.
  12. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural New Member

Feb 2, 2006
    I never watched it, but I was giving it some thought. If it's along the same lines as "Ripper Street" I'll pass. Not the greatest acting or storylines, IMHO.
  13. Gerryex

Gerryex Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    There sure were some cliffhangers. But first off the majority of the finale I thought was pretty dumb. The three of them go after Booth as if they are the only ones who can do it. As it turns out an Army detachment got and killed Booth, so our heros' trip was wasted.

But here are the cliffhangers. The guy who was the boss over "General" Donovan (I forget his name in the show but I think he was played bye Daniel Baldwin but IMDb cannot confirm this) makes a threat to Morehouse Sr to produce Donovan's papers or there will be a "war." Later on Morehouse Sr offers to sell the papers to this guy for an agreed upon price. At the end of the episode when Corky returns and goes to the Paradise he finds it locked and breaks in the door. Here he finds a man and a woman dead and stuffed into barrels with blood leaking out of the barrels. (WHO ARE THEY? I think its the lady that took over when Eva was in jail and the bartender. Is that right?) Then he goes looking for Eva and cannot find her. We also see the guy who bought Donovan's papers with a bunch of other "proper" gentlemen waiting for Corky and lamenting that Corky doesn't take things seriously.

I got the feeling that the producers weren't quite sure they were being renewed or not so they closed up some story lines but still left some cliffhangers just in case they were renewed.