1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battery Cover Disappeared

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by takeagabu, Mar 18, 2014.

1. takeagabu

takeagabu New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    My Roamio remote's battery cover is missing. I am pretty sure that my 2 year old hid it somewhere. Hopefully he chose to hide it a boot instead of in the garbage can. Either way, I chatted with Tivo customer service who suggested I just buy a new remote. Anyone have any better ideas than just using a piece of tape?

2. tarheelblue32

tarheelblue32 Active Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    If TiVo won't sell you one, probably the only way to get a replacement battery cover would be to try finding someone who has a remote that has died and they are willing to sell it to you for the part. Besides that, your only option is probably buying a new remote. But hey, at least you'll have a spare.

3. takeagabu

takeagabu New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Update: I emailed weaknees and they said they do sell them for $14. Unfortunately, I was hoping for something more like $5 for the tiny piece of plastic that will probably be replaced by a piece of tape.

4. timr_42

timr_42 New Member

Oct 14, 2001
    st louis, MO
    My Roamio remote back is ok, but all three of my S2 remote have a broken clip on each on of the backs. I don't know why because every other remote in the house is fine. I guess I'm just real hard on tivo remotes.

5. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    That plastic tab on the battery door always seems to be the first thing to break. I have quite a few old peanuts and a Slide that all have tape on the back. :eek: