1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Balky Slide Remote

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Royster, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Royster

Royster Beardy

May 24, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Anyone have a problem like this? When I fast forward through commercials, I find the unit is not responsive to commands to resume normal play speed. Both hitting the play button and hitting the 4th FF blink the blue light, but either aren't received or aren't recognized. I will hit it 5-10 times before it will catch. And then, of course, I need to use the 8 second back button many times to get back to the beginning of the segment. Very frustrating.

I've tried replacing the battery and holding the remote high in the air.

Suggestions?

2. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    What happens if you're in FF and hit pause?

3. Royster

Royster Beardy

May 24, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Like the other buttons, sometimes it takes, often it doesn't.

4. rivered

rivered New Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Mine started doing this after the update.

5. Royster

Royster Beardy

May 24, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Here's what I'm noticing. If I let it sit in triple FF more than a few seconds, the remote is balky in interrupting. I can interrupt it right after getting to ffx3. I can get several minutes ahead of where I want to resume before it will respond to the keys I am viscously hitting.

6. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Perhaps if you hit them viciously instead...

http://grammarist.com/spelling/vicious-viscous/

:)

7. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Active Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    I get that behavior on mine. I just gave up and pulled the RF receiver for now. (I really need to try a replacement remote)

It's almost acting like if you don't press a button for a moment that the bluetooth loses sync. So next time you press a button (for example to exit FF) there's a delay while it reestablishes the connection before sending the command. (Obviously I don't know it that's the case, but it seems like a possible explanation)

8. bshrock

bshrock New Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Same problem here. I just assumed it was because the nicad batteries I am using are getting old or that the buttons were wearing out.

9. Royster

Royster Beardy

May 24, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    I seems like more than just a moment of delay. Perhaps, I'm being too impatient and flooding the remote/system with key presses.

I replaced my batteries.