1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bailout time adjust?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by videonut, Jun 5, 2012.

1. videonut

videonut New Member

Sep 12, 2007
    I have a standard Tivo HD.
    If I'm near the end of a recorded show, and want to switch over to live TV, or anything else, I'm hit with either "Delete now", or "Keep this recording".

It seems to occur with as little 5 mins left. Anybody know a way to adjust this
    threshold to more like 30 seconds?

Thanks

2. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Hit Pause first, then back out of the recording and it won't give you the Keep or Delete menu.

3. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Yeah, but that is just as bad, as it too involves extra remote button presses.

Sadly, there is no user configurable way to set an automatic save or delete. The Tivo has to know NOW dagnabit! :p

TiVo likes to use the KISS method for the UI and default to saving recordings. This is the way to go for the average Joe with a stock Tivo that only holds 20 hours of HD programming.

Myself, I would choose to automatically delete. With my 2TB hard drive, I have more recordings in my RD folder than I do in my NPL :D(I've got shows dating back to April).

4. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    There's no need to back out of the recording. Just press pause and then press live tv.