1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bad cable card

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by caddyroger, May 8, 2014.

1. caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Some where...
    Can a bad cable card cause distortion an pixlatons(spelling) on occasions of a show?. I get all of my channels.

2. squint

squint New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Sure, but a weak/intermittent cable signal, failing hard drive or power supply are probably more likely.

Which model is it?

3. caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Some where...
    It is a Elite 4 tuner model tcd748 I believe. I replaced the hard drive about 9 months ago. My signal are between 86 and 90. and the snr are between 34 and 35. Yesterday I recorded Jag on the Insp channel and had the problem. I took a look at the uncorrectable and correctable. I uncor was o and corr was at 800.

4. jrtroo

jrtroo User

Feb 4, 2008
    I had a cablecard work loose once that caused pixilation on one channel. reseating it did the trick.

5. truman861

truman861 New Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Tampa FL
    I used to get that problem with Brighthouse before and after I went on the cable card system. Had a series 2 with no card and same problem when I moved to my premiere with the card. Turned out to be a problem with the cable lines on the pole down my street.