1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bachelorette - Desiree Hartsock - all eps

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by cwerdna, May 28, 2013.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Anyone watching? I watched a bit of the beginning. I personally don't care to watch much beyond the scenery and any particularly dramatic moments.

Feel free to keep me up to date on any moments you think are worth watching like stuff in the previews
    (e.g. fist fight, guy's girlfriend showing up)
    . :)

2. gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    Enjoyed it here. Was glad to see her kick out that guy before the rose ceremony. What a tool. But was disappointed the guy with no shirt got a rose. Before the ceremony no less!!

The previews look good, but...

...that fight looked more like guys horsing around.

3. mcb08

mcb08 Hoya for life!!

Mar 10, 2006
    The 6ix
    Is there always a Fantasy Suite at the guys' mansion? I recall that the Fantasy Suite was close to the location of the Fantasy Date. I guess I'm cynical, but it seemed like the whole segment with Jonathan getting drunk/thrown out was staged. Also, does Desiree seem skinnier than when she was on The Bachelor?

4. Lee 2.0

Lee 2.0 Hoopy frood

Jul 10, 2012
    Lazlo's...
    Some of the tweets are pretty good.

5. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Which ones? On screen? From a specific user(s)? Are there particular keywords or hash tags you're searching on?

I just noticed
    Ha!

6. Lee 2.0

Lee 2.0 Hoopy frood

Jul 10, 2012
    Lazlo's...
    Yeah they've started showing random tweets onscreen throughout the show. Some of them are funny.

7. dbranco

dbranco Member

Nov 20, 2003
    There's no fantasy suite at the mansion. The guy wanted her to fast forward with him to the fantasy suite, which usually happens during the "final 3" (with the same text on the card, too).

I didn't care for the tweets. They reminded me of the obtrusive 'ads' for other programs that pop up from time to time on nearly every show now.

8. Jun 4, 2013 #8 of 58
    gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    No surprise who was eliminated. But there was one who's statement boggles. Something like he won't find anyone else. As if she's the last woman on earth!

The villain this year is the one who had his "son" come out of the limo. Saw what I did there? ;)

And next week's looks great.

Apparently the show finds the girlfriend of one the bachelors. And actually bring her on the show to confront him. That is so awesome!

9. Jun 4, 2013 #9 of 58
    Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    Yes, I caught the previews for next week and couldn't believe that all of that takes place in one week-a jam-packed, drama-filled ep for sure! :up::up:

10. MauriAnne

MauriAnne Mostly lurking

Sep 20, 2002
    NC
    Previews on this show are historically VERY misleading. It'll be interesting to see what this turns out to be.

11. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    My FAVORITE tweeter for this show is Jennifer Weiner. She is HILARIOUS.

I love all her books, too. If you want fun tweets throughout the episode, you should follow her - they only post one or two per episode but she is a goldmine of funny...:up: :D

12. mcb08

mcb08 Hoya for life!!

Mar 10, 2006
    The 6ix
    It's hard enough to remember who is who, now there's Bryden, Brooks, Brad, and Ben? I'll stick to rooting for Juan Pablo, thanks :) I'm probably alone in my viewpoint, but that whole "Brian has a girlfriend" situation seemed staged to me. Especially with Chris Harrison providing his input every few minutes. It also seems like the shows are becoming more and more formulaic: Add 1 villain who nobody in the house likes (except the Bachelor/Bachelorette), sprinkle in an accident that requires calling the paramedics, add a dash of a confrontation with an ex.... And was Brandon for real? "She's making a big mistake" - Ummmm, no she's not. I think they need to ramp up the psychological screening :p

13. gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    I called BS on that whole girlfriend thing. They're not engaged, much less married. The GF even admitted they were already in the outs. What's guy supposed to do? Needless to say my wife did not agree.

And I knew the guy who professed his love was out. But it nice of her to comfort him afterwards. Jeff Probst (as my wife called him) was also obvious to get eliminated.

14. MauriAnne

MauriAnne Mostly lurking

Sep 20, 2002
    NC
    Sort of a blah episode for me. The GF was pretty annoying --- she talked a mile a minute and barely stopped to breathe.

And I really disliked Des' dress at the rose ceremony. The blue sequins at the top of her dress looked like a dog collar or a bib.

15. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    Wow, that Brandon was SUPER needy. He would have scared me off, too. He needs some therapy more than a girlfriend.

No one really jumping out for me yet - something about Brooks really annoys me. The guy I think is the most attractive is Michael (the Miami Prosecutor). I like Bryden, but someone needs to get him a decent haircut. I know he is in the military and needs a short cut, but yowzer, that is one BAD haircut!

16. Tracy

Tracy Truly TCF Club

Mar 12, 2000
    Galena, IL
    I really liked Brooks at first but he keeps getting...I don't know....wussier? Girlier? He is still my favorite, though. I think there are some really unattractive dudes on that show.

17. jlb

jlb NCC-1701-D

Dec 13, 2001
    Newburyport, MA
    Well, this may be the case. But as Chris alluded to in the MOST DRAMATIC CONFRONTATION EVER, the casting process HAD to have started well before they were on the outs. So clearly he was making plans to chase Des before he and his GF "concluded" their relationship. And it appeared, at least to me, that Chris also alluded to you "have to be single/not attached/etc" to be included in the casting process. So he lied to the producers.

Of course, the producers may have known he was lying and kept it in their pocket.....

18. Lee 2.0

Lee 2.0 Hoopy frood

Jul 10, 2012
    Lazlo's...
  19. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    What vet?

Is there a veterinarian on the show? :confused:

If you mean Brydon, he is not a vet - he is active military (army).

20. mcb08

mcb08 Hoya for life!!

Mar 10, 2006
    The 6ix
    Bryden's description on the show is "Iraq War Veteran".