1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bachelor in Paradise - 1st (and only?) season

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by cwerdna, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Aug 5, 2014 #1 of 20
    cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Anyone watching?

I'm not done w/the 1st ep yet but I'm barely paying attention and not really keeping track of who is who and the relationships developing. Maybe it'll get more interesting when there's some more drama.

I wonder if it'll get better? Bachelor Pad was a lot better.

If ratings are low and continue to fall, maybe they'll yank it and "air" the rest of the eps online?

2. Aug 5, 2014 #2 of 20
    gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    We watched half as well last night. It reminds me of a Fox show that also had Paradise in its title.

I too prefer Bachelor Pad. It was more Survivor-like. Comps, back-stabbing, etc. This I'm on the fence with. I also do not recognize most of them.

3. Aug 5, 2014 #3 of 20
    tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict Creatively Challenge

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    Felt so guilty watching it. Couldn't remember anyone - wishing they had pop-ups of the person and a pic of them duringthe season they were on every time they're onscreen, so I could keep them straight.

tta

4. Aug 6, 2014 #4 of 20
    cwerdna

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Yeah, that would've helped a little bit. I did recognize Clare, Sarah (girl w/only 1 full arm) Michelle Money and maybe a few others. I totally forgot that Michelle K was Michelle "Cries-a-Lot" Kujawa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U5U6-aYKDg was a decent Bachelor Pad ep recap I stumbled across when looking up Michelle Kujawa. Man, I remember most of those segments and I think I archived the one where they asked the women some really brutal questions (e.g. most likely to always been a bridesman and never a bride).

5. cwerdna

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Anyone watch ep 2? I watched the beginning segment about what happened w/Michelle K.

Any better than ep 1? Should I bother spending the time to "watch"/half-watch ep 2?

6. gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    We did. I went to bed before the rose ceremony. But what happens when Chris B arrives is pretty wild. And the guy who had a date with Elise is in shock how she ignores him and how she's making out with the guy that gave her the rose.

7. Tracy

Tracy Truly TCF Club

Mar 12, 2000
    Galena, IL
    I thought this last episode was very good and is definitely worth at least a half-watch. I think it will suck you in.

8. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict Creatively Challenge

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    Enjoyed the second episode. Such a guilty pleasure!! :D

tta

9. cwerdna

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Yeah, this 2nd ep was better. Elise was semi-amusing in this ep.

Lacy's quite the airhead. Remember in the 1st ep she said she was 80/40?

I'm still divided about this show... too much time commitment for me for a marginal show.

10. rich

rich Final answer?

Mar 18, 2002
    New York
    Loved the circus music during the Rose Ceremony speech.

11. cwerdna

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
  12. cwerdna

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    How's this week's ep? I've only half-watched the 1st 20 minutes or so...

13. Tracy

Tracy Truly TCF Club

Mar 12, 2000
    Galena, IL
    It has some twists and turns that pay off in the rose ceremony. You can half-watch up until then.

14. cwerdna

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    I'm out... I skipped to the end to see one of the twists.

I've been way too busy and this show's too much time commitment for me, besides not really drawing me in. And then next week will be two 2 hour eps!?! Woah.

Maybe I'll check out what happened w/the rose ceremony and the scene shown in the preview.

15. cwerdna

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
  16. Tracy

Tracy Truly TCF Club

Mar 12, 2000
    Galena, IL
    Hmmm. Hard to know what you would be interested in. One girl says stuff about another when she thought there were no cameras on her and fighting ensues. The nudist girl arrives and does nudist things. One guy has to choose between two hot girls. One guy comes and no one wants to date him based on what they saw on his season.

I'm still watching it, but I like this sort of stuff. I think the problem with the show is that we now have a few solid couples and there isn't much to see there. New people coming in have a hard time finding someone who is available. Plus, there isn't a clear goal.

17. late for dinner

late for dinner Past Expiration Date

May 17, 2013
    Colorado...
    what is the end game, this show could go on for years if they keep adding new players.

18. cwerdna

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Yeah, I know what you mean.

For me, it's just too much each week and not particularly interesting. I'd rather either be able to focus on what I'm working on w/o this on in the background or watch/half-watch something else that's way more interesting (e.g. documentaries, stuff piled up on my TiVo (e.g. Charlie Rose eps, Mythbusters eps, some 60 Minutes stories, etc.), old Star Trek eps, etc.)

Oh well. I'm out for good now. If they'd brought back Bachelor Pad, I'd have been more inclined to watch.

Thanks!

19. mcb08

mcb08 Hoya for life!!

Mar 10, 2006
    The 6ix
    Only one episode left.

Looks like they are planning a Split or Steal finale

20. Tracy

Tracy Truly TCF Club

Mar 12, 2000
    Galena, IL
    Regarding the spoiler--that sounds fun! I thought it might be something like that.